Mets’ fans and bettors will be hoping there’s no place like home for their team as the Mets try to dig themselves out of a 0-2 series hole. The Mets and Royals will play the first of three in the Big Apple tonight with Noah Syndergaard and Yordano ‘Ace’ Ventura facing off in a battle of young fireballers.
- The last nine teams to go up 2-0 in the World Series have won the World Series.
- In the past 30 years no team that has gone up 2-0 at home in the World Series has lost the World Series.
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of the Mets’ last 7 home games.
Their backs are against the wall, but 11 teams have come back to win the World Series after being down 0-2, including the 1986 Mets. The Mets have won three of their four playoff games at home so far this postseason, scoring a total of 22 runs while allowing 13. Syndergaard’s lack of playoff experience hasn’t hindered him during the playoffs, as ‘Thor’ currently has a 2.77 ERA and 20 strikeouts over 13 innings pitched.
The Royals enter the game going 7-3 over their last 10 on the road. Ventura’s postseason ERA sits at 5.09 and in his lone playoff road start vs the Astros he allowed two home runs in five innings pitched while striking out eight.
No player on the Royals has ever faced Syndergaard, while Yoenis Cespedes is the only Mets player which experience vs Ventura, registering one hit in seven at bats.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those betting on the visitors in this one found the Kansas City Royals listed as underdogs of 135 at most sportsbooks, including Bodog. Total bettors saw the number open in the area of 7, check for odds updates at MyBookie.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 5.4-4.2 win for the Royals. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Kansas City Royals vs New York Mets Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The New York Mets sport a record of 97-76 heading into this matchup, while the Kansas City Royals sit at 103-71 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Kansas City injuries news.
The New York Mets sit at No. 14 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – VSB
, while the Kansas City Royals sit at No. 19 on the same chart.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Kansas City Royals rank No. 2 at 9.24 hits per game. That compares with the New York Mets No. 26 ranking in that category.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and New York has the No. 4-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Royals own the No. 9 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Kansas City is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Kansas City’s last 7 games
- Kansas City is 7-3 SU in its last 10 games on the road
- Kansas City is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games when playing NY Mets
- NY Mets is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- NY Mets is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Mets’s last 7 games at home
- NY Mets is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Kansas City
Next Betting Matchups
Kansas City at New York, Saturday, October 31st