The rivalry between Michigan State and Kentucky rarely takes to the court, but when it does, the Spartans have historically held the advantage. Since 1999, the Spartans and Wildcats have met seven times, with Michigan State winning five of them. The last time these two teams met was at the Champions Classic in 2013, a game that saw the guard duo of Gary Harris and Keith Appling lead Michigan State over UK.
- Michigan State is 24-6 SU in its last 30 games after a loss.
- Kentucky is 8-1 SU and 7-2 ATS in its last 9 games as favorite.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Kentucky’s last 9 games.
This will be the Wildcats’ first test of the season, as their first two games came against Stephen F. Austin and Canisius. Sophomore guard Isaiah Briscoe has taken the lead offensively for Kentucky, playing 31 minutes in both games while averaging 19 points and shooting 62.5 percent from the floor. The youngsters have been playing a key role for Kentucky, as De’Aaron Fox, Malik Monk and Bam Adebayo are second through fourth in team scoring, respectively.
Michigan State opened the season quite differently with a two-point loss against ranked Arizona, thanks to a last-second bucket by the Wildcats. The Spartans almost entirely relied on freshman Miles Bridges in their first game, as he tallied 21 points and seven rebounds.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
College basketball betting odds makers at BetOnline opened the Kentucky Wildcats as -5-point favorites in this matchup. Check for the latest spread and over/under total line at sportsbooks such as Bovada.
Michigan State Spartans vs Kentucky Wildcats Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Kentucky Wildcats sit at 2-0 (1-1 ATS) on the college basketball season. By comparison, the Michigan State Spartans are currently 0-1 (0-1 ATS). Looking to bet on the total points scored? Kentucky is 2-0 OU, and Michigan State is 0-1 OU.
The Kentucky Wildcats sit at No. 14 in the current college hoops power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Michigan State Spartans sit at No. 4 on the same chart.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Michigan State got 21 points from Miles Bridges but lost anyway, 65-63, to Arizona on Friday at Stan Sheriff Center.
Kentucky cruised to victory on Sunday, running Canisius out of the gym and running up a 93-69 score at Rupp Arena.
- Michigan State is 12-4 ATS in its last 16 games
- Michigan State is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Michigan State is 9-2 SU in its last 11 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Michigan State’s last 5 games
- Kentucky is 7-2 ATS in its last 9 games
- Kentucky is 8-1 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of Kentucky’s last 9 games
- Kentucky is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Michigan State
Next Betting Matchups
Michigan State home to Mississippi Valley State, Friday, November 18th
Kentucky at Duquesne, Sunday, November 20th