The Toronto Blue Jays have won eight straight, and 11 of their last 12. The only loss during that span was also the only game that Tulowitzki didn’t play since coming over from Colorado. David Price has allowed one run on six hits, striking out 18 in 15 innings, winning his first two starts as a Blue Jay. The Jays will host the last place A’s in a three game series at Rogers Center starting Tuesday, before welcoming the Yankees to town on Friday.
Houston, We Have A Problem
The Astros can’t seem to win on the road. They’ve dropped six of seven on their current road trip, and now own a record of 23-34 away from home this season. They will be in San Francisco for the final two games of this West Coast swing on Tuesday and Wednesday. The Giants have won eight of their last nine at AT&T Park.
The Chicago White Sox have scored a major league low 175 runs at home at U.S. Cellular Field. They lost 4-of-6 on their most recent home stand, and they’ve dropped eight of their last 10 overall. The Sox will host the Angels in a home series starting Monday, and they’ve lost seven of the last eight versus Los Angeles.
WAG of the Day
Addison Russell’s girlfriend Melissa Reidy
* Joey Votto is tearing up the National League since the All Star break, batting a major league best .414 with four home runs and nine RBIs. He also leads the majors in walks, and he’s batting .303 for the season. He’s facing Ian Kennedy in Game 1 in San Diego, and he’s 5-for-12 with a pair of doubles lifetime versus the veteran.
* Josh Donaldson hit his 31st home run of the season in the Bronx on Sunday, and he’s now just two off the major league lead behind Nelson Cruz and Mike Trout. He’s facing his former team this week, and he’s hit .391 over only a combined 23 at bats versus the A’s pitching staff. He’s hit 20 of his 31 home runs at Rogers Center.
* Eduardo Rodriguez has been a Jekyll & Hyde pitcher so far for the Red Sox, with dramatic splits in day versus night games. The 22 year old southpaw is 5-1 with a 1.75 ERA at night, but 1-3 with a 9.82 ERA during the day. His next start comes against Miami in a matinee at Marlins Park, and it might also be worth noting that the Fish are batting an NL best .278 versus left-handed pitching.
* Gerrit Cole will go for his major league leading 15th win on Wednesday, and the 24 year old boasts a record of 13-1 versus National League teams not named the Cincinnati Reds. For whatever reason, Cole hasn’t been able to figure out Cincinnati, going 0-3 with a 5.95 ERA against the Reds this season. His next start comes in St. Louis, and he beat the Cardinals in the only previous meeting this season.
The Arizona Diamondbacks have played six straight unders at home, and they have failed to reach the total in eight straight as a home favorite. They host Philly in Game 1 of a new series starting Monday, and the Phillies have seen the total come up short in six of their last seven visits to Arizona.
* Jose Fernandez will land on the DL with a sore bicep, and that’s a big blow to Miami. The 23 year old triumphantly returned from Tommy John surgery to go 4-0 with a 2.30 ERA in seven starts.
* Edwin Encarnacion missed the series finale in New York with a sore finger on his left hand. He’s officially listed as day to day, and will likely see action in the home series versus Oakland.
* Wind is expected to be blowing out to leftfield at around 13 miles per hour when the New York Mets host the Colorado Rockies at Citi Field Monday.
* At Wrigley Field on Tuesday, wind will be blowing in from leftfield at 11 miles per hour when the Chicago Cubs host the Milwaukee Brewers Tuesday.