The Washington Nationals haven’t fared very well against the Baltimore Orioles this year, but they’ll have another chance to strike back in their own building in the second half of a home-and-home set on Wednesday.
- The total has gone OVER in seven of the Orioles’ last nine games on the road against the Nationals.
- The total has gone UNDER in six of the Orioles’ last eight games against the National League.
- The Orioles are 2-6 SU in their last eight games after a win.
Wade Miley and Tanner Roark are slated to get the ball. Miley (7-10, 5.58 ERA) is 0-2 with a 9.53 ERA in four starts since arriving via a trade from the Seattle Mariners. Miley got hammered for six runs on as many his in 1 2/3 innings against Houston on Friday.
Roark (13-6, 2.87) is enjoying a string of five straight quality starts, winning four over that stretch. Roark is 0-2 with a 6.75 ERA in three career games against Baltimore.
The Orioles have dominated this series lately. In the last five meetings between the clubs, Baltimore is 5-0.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Baseball betting odds makers, including BetOnline, opened the Washington Nationals as -155 moneyline favorites in this matchup. Over under total bettors saw the number open at 8.5 at shops such as Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction formulas pick a 6.1-4.1 win for the Nationals on Wednesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Baltimore Orioles vs Washington Nationals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Washington (73-52) will face the 69-56 Orioles in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Washington vs Baltimore injuries news.
The Washington Nationals sit at No. 6 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Baltimore Orioles sit at No. 20 on the same chart.
At the plate, Washington owns the No. 17 ranking for hits at 8.67 per game. By contrast, the Baltimore Orioles are rated No. 7 in the same category at 8.99 per game.
Washington owns the No. 2 defense, allowing 4.83 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Baltimore’s No. 19-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Baltimore is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 14 of Baltimore’s last 21 games on the road
- Baltimore is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games when playing Washington
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Baltimore’s last 6 games when playing Washington
- Washington is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington’s last 7 games
- Washington is 4-8 ATS in its last 12 games at home
- Washington is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Baltimore at Washington, Thursday, August 25th