Stephen Strasburg and Clayton Kershaw will toe the rubber tonight in one of the best pitching matchups of the year as the Nationals open up a series in LA. Money has been pouring in on the NL East leading Nationals even though they are facing the most dominant pitcher in baseball.
- Stephen Strasburg is 1-7 in his last 8 games as an underdog.
- The favored team is 9-2 in its last 11 games in this matchup.
- The Dodgers are 9-0 in their last 9 games with Kershaw as their starting pitcher.
Clayton Kershaw (10-1, 1.58) has been borderline unhittable this year, as batters are averaging .170 against the lefty. He will look to disappoint Washington backers who are taking advantage of the Nat’s +165 Bodog moneyline. The Dodgers will try to peg Strasburg with his first loss of the season and will head into this game as -190 favorites.
Strasburg (10-0, 2.90 ERA) has been hot-fire this season, justifying the biggest extension ever given to a pitcher who has had Tommy John Surgery. The Nats’ co-ace has never been bigger than a +118 underdog in his career.
The total has gone OVER in Strasburg’s last 11 starts and with a measly total of 5.5 a bet on the OVER may be profitable.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Baseball betting odds makers, including BetOnline, opened the Los Angeles Dodgers as -183 moneyline favorites in this matchup. Over under total bettors saw the number open at 5.5 at shops such as Bodog.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 5.0-3.2 result in favor of the Dodgers. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Washington Nationals vs Los Angeles Dodgers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Los Angeles (38-33) will face the 43-27 Nationals in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Los Angeles vs Washington injuries news.
This game puts the Los Angeles Dodgers, most recently No. 11 in Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings, up against the Washington Nationals, who rate a No. 4 in the latest survey.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Washington Nationals rank No. 16 at 8.47 hits per game. That compares with the Los Angeles Dodgers No. 28 ranking in that category.
Washington brings the No. 3-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Dodgers’s No. 4-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Nationals were saddled with a loss last time out in G Gonzalez’s start, as they lost 6-3 against San Diego on Sunday at PETCO Park.
Los Angeles got the job done in their last match in a 2-1 victory over Milwaukee on Sunday at Dodger Stadium behind starter Kenta Maeda.
- Washington is 10-4 SU in its last 14 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington’s last 5 games
- Washington is 12-6 SU in its last 18 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Washington’s last 9 games on the road
- LA Dodgers is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- LA Dodgers is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 15 of LA Dodgers’s last 21 games
- LA Dodgers is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Washington at Los Angeles, Tuesday, June 21st