Bryce Harper will face Scott Kazmir for the first time in his career tonight as the Nationals (Tanner Roark) try to rebound from another dominant Clayton Kershaw start.
- The Nationals are 6-2 in their last 8 games against teams with winning records.
- The Dodgers are 7-0 in their last 7 games on Tuesday.
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of the Nationals’ last 9 games with a total of 7.5 or less.
Roark (6-4, 3.14 ERA) has been a solid back end starter for the Nats this season but has struggled in evening games on the road, posting an ERA over four in both of those splits. Washington will look to give Roark some run support against the left-throwing Kazmir. The Nationals have a .269 team batting average (BA) against lefty’s compared to a .244 team BA against righty’s.
Since being traded to Houston last year, Scott Kazmir has posted an ERA over four and won only seven games in 27 kicks at the can. The lefty, who has failed to register a quality start in his last three games, has been on a short leash lately and hasn’t pitched deeper than the sixth inning since May 14.
The total of 7.5 could be shattered tonight in a matchup of offenses that both have the potential to be explosive.
Washington Nationals vs Los Angeles Dodgers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Los Angeles Dodgers sport a record of 39-33 heading into this matchup, while the Washington Nationals sit at 43-28 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Los Angeles vs Washington injuries news.
The Los Angeles Dodgers vs Washington Nationals odds would favor the Nationals if the betting lines were set according to our power ranks. Los Angeles is rated No. 11 in the current Odds – Shark
poll, while Washington is at No. 4.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Los Angeles has baseball’s No. 18-rated offensive output, at 7.86 hits per game. The Washington Nationals average 8.45 hits per game, good for No. 17 on the list.
Washington brings the No. 3-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Dodgers’s No. 4-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Washington didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 4-1 to Los Angeles on Monday at Dodger Stadium.
- Washington is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- Washington is 10-5 SU in its last 15 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington’s last 6 games
- Washington is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- LA Dodgers is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- LA Dodgers is 6-1 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 16 of LA Dodgers’s last 22 games
- LA Dodgers is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Washington at Los Angeles, Wednesday, June 22nd