The San Francisco Giants are 4-1 on the baseball moneyline in starting pitcher Jake Peavy’s last five outings as he takes the ball for them on Saturday in a marquee matchup at home against the Washington Nationals at the sportsbooks.
Peavy sits at 2-5 with a 3.75 ERA on the season, and he took a hard-luck loss against the Nationals last time out when he held them to two runs in 6 1-3 innings in July. Gio Gonzalez (9-4, 3.50 ERA) is set to start for the Nats on Saturday.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those betting on the visitors in this one found the Washington Nationals listed as favorites of -109 at most sportsbooks, including Bodog. Total bettors saw the number open in the area of 7, check for odds updates at MyBookie.
Odds – VSB
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 5.6-3.6 victory for the Giants. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Washington Nationals vs San Francisco Giants Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The San Francisco Giants bring a 62-53 record to the battle against the 58-57 Nationals. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Francisco vs Washington injuries news.
This game puts the San Francisco Giants, most recently No. 6 in Odds – VSB
MLB Power Rankings, up against the Washington Nationals, who rate a No. 16 in the latest survey.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Washington Nationals rank No. 22 at 8.32 hits per game. That compares with the San Francisco Giants No. 2 ranking in that category.
San Francisco owns the No. 10 defense, allowing 4.34 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Washington’s No. 13-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Nationals endured a 8-5 loss at the hands of the Giants on Friday, with M Scherzer throwing 3 innings of 7-hit ball at AT&T Park.
- Washington is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 8 of Washington’s last 12 games
- Washington is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Washington’s last 9 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 5 games
- San Francisco is 11-2 SU in its last 13 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of San Francisco’s last 9 games when playing Washington
Next Betting Matchups
Washington at San Francisco, Sunday, August 16th