The San Francisco Giants have been on an awful slide since the All-Star break, but a new arrival and the return of a few stars could help them get back on track. Eduardo Nunez is set to make his Giants debut on Friday against the Washington Nationals.
- The total has gone UNDER in nine of the Nationals’ last 12 games against the Giants.
- The Giants are 17-6 SU in their last 23 games with a closing total of 7.0 or less.
- The Nationals are 1-5 SU in their last six games on the road against the Giants.
Max Scherzer and Jeff Samardzija will get the nod for the Nats and Giants, respectively. Scherzer (10-6, 2.92 ERA) has posted a 1.71 ERA with 91 strikeouts and 13 walks in his last 10 starts since July 1.
Samardzija (9-6, 4.22) has allowed a total of 14 homers over his last nine starts and has struggled to re-find his early-season form.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Washington Nationals were listed as -150 favorites on the MLB baseball moneyline at many online sportsbooks, including Bet365. The total was set at 7 before betting started earlier on Friday over at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Nationals to win this game 4.3-3.7. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Washington Nationals vs San Francisco Giants Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The San Francisco Giants bring a 59-43 record to the battle against the 60-42 Nationals. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Francisco vs Washington injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 18-rated San Francisco Giants and the league No. 6-ranked Washington Nationals, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and San Francisco has baseball’s No. 15-rated offensive output, at 8.88 hits per game. The Washington Nationals average 8.48 hits per game, good for No. 19 on the list.
Washington brings the No. 3-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Giants’s No. 6-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Nationals enjoyed a 4-2 victory at the expense of the Giants on Thursday, with T Roark throwing 7 innings of 4-hit ball at AT&T Park.
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Washington’s last 6 games
- Washington is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Washington is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Washington’s last 6 games on the road
- San Francisco is 1-11 ATS in its last 12 games
- San Francisco is 2-10 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of San Francisco’s last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Francisco’s last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Washington at San Francisco, Saturday, July 30th