The Washington Nationals have been solid on the road and fantastic in interleague play this year, going 9-4 against American League teams. Next up on the docket is a matchup with the Cleveland Indians on Wednesday.
- The Nationals are 3-7 SU in their last 10 games with a closing total of 7.5 or less.
- The Indians are 6-1 SU in their last seven games with Carlos Carrasco as the starting pitcher.
- The total has gone OVER in six of the Indians’ last eight games during the afternoon.
Stephen Strasburg and Carlos Carrasco are slated to get the ball. Strasburg (13-1, 2.83 ERA) is 6-0 away from home and has split a pair of career outings against the Indians. Carrasco (7-3, 2.31) improved to 5-1 with a 1.16 ERA in his last six starts against the Royals last Wednesday. The 29-year-old will be pitching on six days’ rest.
Despite Strasburg’s minuscule ERA, the OVER is red-hot when he takes the mound. In the hurler’s last 15 starts, the Nationals have gone above the closing total 13 times.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Baseball betting odds makers, including BetOnline, opened the Cleveland Indians as 101 moneyline underdogs in this matchup. Over under total bettors saw the number open at 7.5 at shops such as Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 4.3-3.6 victory for the Indians. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Washington Nationals vs Cleveland Indians Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Cleveland Indians sport a record of 57-41 heading into this matchup, while the Washington Nationals sit at 58-42 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Cleveland vs Washington injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Cleveland Indians rated this week at No. 17 and the Washington Nationals sitting at No. 7.
The game also pits Cleveland Indians No. 5-rated offense, averaging 4.95 runs per game, against a Washington Nationals defense that ranks No. 3 at 3.59 in runs allowed per game. The Cleveland Indians have averaged 9.01 hits per game so far, more than Washington Nationals batters have averaged on the year (8.48 hits per game).
Cleveland owns the No. 7 defense, allowing 4.95 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Washington’s No. 3-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Washington looks to rebound from a loss to the Indians, who beat them 7-6 on Tuesday behind a start from D Salazar at Progressive Field.
- Washington is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Washington is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington’s last 7 games
- Washington is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Cleveland is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Cleveland is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Cleveland is 15-4 SU in its last 19 games at home
- Cleveland is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Washington at San Francisco, Thursday, July 28th
Cleveland home to Oakland, Friday, July 29th