Both the New York Mets and Washington Nationals are known for their deep starting rotations and that has been evidenced when the two clubs face off. The Mets and Nationals have averaged a combined 6.5 runs in their past eight meetings with the UNDER going 7-1. The Mets and Nats close out a three-game series under the bright lights Sunday night.
- The Mets are 10-4 SU and against the runline in their past 14 games.
- The UNDER is 6-0 in the Nationals past six games.
- Yoenis Cespedes has just three hits in his past 16 plate appearances.
Seth Lugo has been a gem for the Mets since being forced into the rotation due to injury. Lugo has a 2.55 ERA while allowing just five runs across 17.2 innings when he gets the start this season.
Reynaldo Lopez will get the start for the Nats after manager Dusty Baker decided to give Max Scherzer a rest. Lopez – who will be making his sixth start of his career – has a 5.33 ERA for the Nationals this year.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The visiting Washington Nationals were -175 moneyline favorites in this one earlier in the day at most online sportsbooks including Bodog. The total was 7 at Bet365 for those preferring over under betting.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 3.5-2.6 win for the Nationals. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Washington Nationals vs New York Mets Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
70-66 New York battles the Nationals, currently with a 79-56 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Washington injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 11-rated New York Mets and the league No. 12-ranked Washington Nationals, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
At the plate, New York owns the No. 27 ranking for hits at 8.1 per game. By contrast, the Washington Nationals are rated No. 17 in the same category at 8.7 per game.
New York owns the No. 3 defense, allowing 3.9 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Washington’s No. 2-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Nationals were saddled with a loss last time out in T Roark’s start, as they lost 3-1 against New York on Saturday at Citi Field.
- Washington is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games
- Washington is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Washington’s last 5 games
- Washington is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- NY Mets is 10-4 ATS in its last 14 games
- NY Mets is 10-4 SU in its last 14 games
- The total has gone OVER in 13 of NY Mets’s last 19 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Mets’s last 7 games
Next Betting Matchups
Washington home to Atlanta, Monday, September 5th
New York at Cincinnati, Monday, September 5th