The O’s edged the Nationals last night in the wake of the Stephen Strasburg injury and will face rookie Reynaldo Lopez in Game 2 of their series with the Nats tonight. Kevin Gausman gets the call for the Orioles in just his third interleague start this year.
- The Nationals are 5-12 in their last 17 games at Camden Yards.
- The Orioles are 5-0 in their last 5 games at home with Kevin Gausman as the starting pitcher.
- The Nationals are 7-0 in their last 7 games after consecutive losses.
The Nationals pitching prospects are some of the best in the majors and Reynaldo Lopez may be near the top of that pool. The rookie has improved in every start he’s made so far and in his last appearance, he pitched seven innings of one-run baseball in which he struck out 11 batters. Keep in mind, his last two starts have come against the Braves, who are basically a minor league team with Matt Kemp and Freddie Freeman.
Gausman has not been great this year, but like the rest of the Orioles, he has performed very well at home. The fourth-year righty has a 2.73 ERA and 4-1 record in nine starts in Baltimore. Gausman’s 4.11 ERA and 1.32 WHIP are consistent with his career numbers so I think it’s safe to shut the door on his potential.
The Orioles hit another UNDER last night and continue to pace the league in that category. Our computer is predicting the total, however, to go OVER tonight.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
On the MLB moneyline for this betting odds matchup, Baltimore sat as -133 favorites earlier in the day at Bodog. The over/under total was set at 9, according to MyBookie.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 6.9-3.1 victory for the Nationals. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Washington Nationals vs Baltimore Orioles Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Baltimore (68-56) will face the 73-51 Nationals in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Baltimore vs Washington injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 20-ranked Baltimore Orioles and the No. 6-rated Washington Nationals in this matchup.
Offensively, the game matches up Baltimore Orioles No. 9 ranked offense (4.7 runs per game) against a Washington Nationals defense and pitching staff that sits at No. 2 at 3.7 runs allowed per game. The Baltimore Orioles have been averaging 8.96 hits per game, more than the Washington Nationals have managed so far this season (8.66 hits on average).
Comparing defensive stats, Washington owns the No. 2-rated road mark, allowing 3.82 runs per game on the highway. Baltimore, on the other hand, rates No. 6 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Washington didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 4-3 to Baltimore on Monday at Camden Yards.
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington’s last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington’s last 6 games on the road
- Washington is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games when playing Baltimore
- Washington is 5-12 SU in its last 17 games when playing on the road against Baltimore
- Baltimore is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games
- Baltimore is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Baltimore’s last 6 games
- Baltimore is 1-8 ATS in its last 9 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Washington home to Baltimore, Wednesday, August 24th