The Nationals have separated from the pack in the NL East and can really run away with the division if they continue to get the pitching they have from the likes of Stephen Strasburg and Max Scherzer, the latter of whom will toe the rubber tonight as the Nats line up against Jorge De La Rosa and the slumping Rockies.
- The Nationals are 6-2 in their last 8 games on the road against the Rockies.
- The Rockies’ lineup has hit a combined .176 against Max Scherzer.
- The Nationals are 10-2 on the runline in their last 12 games on the road.
Colorado was actually making a playoff push before losing three straight series’ including one to the Phillies. They have lost eight of their last 10 and will lean on a starting pitcher tonight that has a 5.25 ERA on the season.
Scherzer has been as consistent as you’d like and has gone at least six innings deep in 17 straight games. The strikeout specialist has a 12-7 record and 2.80 ERA this year but picked up a loss in his last start against the Rockies at Coors Field.
This one is trending heavily in favor of the Nationals and with their recent runline record on the road, a bet on the Washington spread is probably the way to go here.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
On the MLB moneyline for this betting odds matchup, Colorado sat as 160 underdogs earlier in the day at Bodog. The over/under total was set at 9.5, according to MyBookie.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 4.9-4.5 win for the Nationals. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Washington Nationals vs Colorado Rockies Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Colorado Rockies bring a 56-62 record to the battle against the 69-47 Nationals. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Colorado vs Washington injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the Colorado Rockies at No. 7 and the Washington Nationals at No. 4 heading into this contest.
At the plate, Colorado owns the No. 3 ranking for hits at 9.41 per game. By contrast, the Washington Nationals are rated No. 18 in the same category at 8.57 per game.
Colorado owns the No. 27 defense, allowing 5.24 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Washington’s No. 2-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Washington got the job done in their last match in a 9-1 victory over Atlanta on Sunday at Nationals Park behind starter T Roark.
Colorado didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 7-6 to Philadelphia on Sunday at Citizens Bank Park.
- Washington is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Washington’s last 5 games
- Washington is 10-2 ATS in its last 12 games on the road
- Washington is 6-2 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- Colorado is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- Colorado is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Colorado’s last 5 games
- Colorado is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Washington at Colorado, Tuesday, August 16th