It may be hard to remember that the Chicago White Sox sat atop the American League not that long ago, but the team is just trying to keep their heads above water at this point. The ChiSox have gone just 6-18 since May 10 with losing streaks of seven, four and three games. The White Sox kick off a three-game set with the Washington Nationals Tuesday.
– Shark Bites
- The Nationals are 4-0 in their past four games against the White Sox.
- The White Sox are 9-1 in their past 10 games following consecutive home losses.
- Ryan Zimmermann is expected to be in the lineup after being activated from paternity leave.
The ChiSox will send Mat Latos to the mound, who has cooled off considerably after a hot start. Latos has posted a 6.41 record through the month of May after putting up a stellar 1.84 ERA in the first month of the season.
Joe Ross will get the starts for the Nationals in the hopes of continuing his stellar play on the road. Ross as posted a 1.54 ERA while allowing just six earned runs in six road starts this season.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as Bodog had installed the Chicago White Sox as 114 moneyline underdogs in this particular MLB betting odds matchup. The total, meanwhile, was set early at 9 before betting at 5Dimes started to move the line.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 5.7-2.3 result in favor of the Nationals. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Washington Nationals vs Chicago White Sox Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Chicago White Sox bring a 29-28 record to the battle against the 34-23 Nationals. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs Washington injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Chicago White Sox rated this week at No. 29 and the Washington Nationals sitting at No. 13.
Offensively, the game matches up Chicago White Sox No. 22 ranked offense (4.02 runs per game) against a Washington Nationals defense and pitching staff that sits at No. 3 at 3.4 runs allowed per game. The Chicago White Sox have been averaging 8.25 hits per game, more than the Washington Nationals have managed so far this season (8.19 hits on average).
Defensively, Washington features the No. 3-rated defense on the road, allowing 3.19 runs per game. Chicago, meanwhile, comes in at No. 26 at home, scoring 3.48 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Washington got the job done in their last match in a 10-9 victory over Cincinnati on Sunday at Great American Ball Park behind starter T Roark.
The White Sox endured a 5-2 loss at the hands of the Tigers on Sunday, with J Quintana throwing 4.2 innings of 9-hit ball at Comerica Park.
- Washington is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Washington’s last 9 games
- Washington is 8-3 SU in its last 11 games on the road
- Washington is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games when playing Chi White Sox
- Chi White Sox is 2-10 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of Chi White Sox’s last 9 games
- Chi White Sox is 2-5 SU in its last 7 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Chi White Sox’s last 9 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Washington at Chicago, Wednesday, June 8th