Max Scherzer’s teams are 6-2 in his eight career starts against the New York Yankees as he takes the ball for the Washington Nationals on Tuesday night at Yankee Stadium in marquee baseball betting action at the online sportsbooks.
Scherzer is 6-4 with a 1.85 ERA so far this season, but he took a loss against the Blue Jays in his most recent outing when he gave up four runs over six innings of work. Masahiro Tanaka (3-1, 2.76 ERA) will start for New York on Tuesday.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The moneyline was hovering in the range of 100 for the New York Yankees in this one over at Bodog. The over under number was sitting near 7 at 5Dimes.
Odds – VSB prediction models pick the Nationals to win this game 4.7-4.4.
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
New York (32-25) will face the 30-27 Nationals in this tilt. Stay Informed: Follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Washington injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the New York Yankees rated this week at No. 7 and the Washington Nationals sitting at No. 19.
At the plate, New York owns the No. 15 ranking for hits at 8.53 per game. By contrast, the Washington Nationals are rated No. 18 in the same category at 8.42 per game.
Comparing defensive stats, Washington owns the No. 26-rated road mark, allowing 4.79 runs per game on the highway. New York, on the other hand, rates No. 3 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Washington looks to rebound from a loss to the Cubs, who beat them 6-3 on Sunday behind a start from Kyle Hendricks at Nationals Park.
New York rolled to a 6-2 win against Los Angeles on Sunday, as CC Sabathia and the Yankees’ bats led the team to victory at Yankee Stadium.
- Washington is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- Washington is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Washington’s last 6 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Washington’s last 9 games when playing NY Yankees
- NY Yankees is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of NY Yankees’s last 10 games
- NY Yankees is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of NY Yankees’s last 9 games when playing Washington
Next Betting Matchups
Washington at New York, Wednesday, June 10th
Tagged with: feature