The rivalry between the New York Knicks and Los Angeles Lakers has lost some of its lustre but it’s always entertaining watching the old foes square off, which is the case once again Sunday as the Knicks play host to their West Coast rivals.
- The home team is 7-1 SU and ATS in the last eight games in this matchup.
- The Lakers are 0-6 SU and ATS in their last six games after a win.
- The total has gone under in the Knicks’ last six games as favorites.
New York, who fell to Milwaukee 99-92 in their last game on Friday, has been a nice bet to bounce back lately. The Knickerbockers are 8-1 ATS in their last nine games coming off a loss.
Many NBA pundits have deemed the Lakers to be the worst team in the league and it’s hard to argue with that statement thus far. L.A. is 1-4 SU and ATS in its first five games and have looked like a mess on both ends of the floor more often than not, leading to speculation that the seat beneath head coach Byron Scott may be heating up quicker than anticipated.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as TopBet had the New York Knicks installed as -4.5-point favorites in this particular NBA matchup. The over-under betting line for the total number of point scored was listed by most sportsbooks, including Bodog, at 204.5.
Odds – VSB
computer prediction formulas pick a 92-91 win for the Knicks on Sunday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NBA matchups here.
Los Angeles Lakers vs New York Knicks Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The New York Knicks are 2-4 so far on the NBA season, and 3-3 ATS vs the spread betting line. The Los Angeles Lakers, meanwhile, are 1-4 and 1-4 ATS. OVER/UNDER bettors have seen New York go 3-3 and the Lakers go 3-2 on the total. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Los Angeles injuries news.
This game pits the New York Knicks, currently No. 28 in the Odds – VSB
NBA Power Rankings, against the Los Angeles Lakers, who rate No. 29 in the most recent survey update.
In rebounding, the battle of the boards features New York’s No. 15-rated NBA squad against Los Angeles’s No. 24-rated roster. When it comes to long-range shooting, New York rates No. 25 in the league with 6.67 per game, while their foes tonight rank No. 10 with 8.6 per outing.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- LA Lakers is 1-7 ATS in its last 8 games
- LA Lakers is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of LA Lakers’s last 10 games
- LA Lakers is 4-21 SU in its last 25 games on the road
- New York is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- New York is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- New York is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games at home
- New York is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games when playing LA Lakers
Next Betting Matchups
Los Angeles at Miami, Tuesday, November 10th
New York at Toronto, Tuesday, November 10th