The Kentucky Wildcats opened their season with a win over Albany on Friday, but failed to cover once again which brings the team to a paltry 1-5 ATS in their past six games dating back to last seasons’ March Madness tournament. Kentucky will look to fix that trend when they take on the upset-minded NJIT Highlanders Saturday.
- Jamal Murray scored 13 points and shot 6-of-9 from the field in the second half Friday.
- Alex Poythress had two points and three rebounds in his first game back from knee surgery Friday.
- Kentucky is 24-1 SU in their last 25 games.
Kentucky opened their season with a 78-65 win over the Great Danes Friday, but the Wildcats looked like a team with six freshmen on the roster. There were several unforced turnovers and the young bigs for Kentucky struggled to protect the rim. However, there is some solace for Kentucky fans as freshman Jamal Murray looks like the real deal after scoring 19 points and compiling eight assists Friday.
NJIT starts their first season in the Atlantic Sun conference against Kentucky, but will still rely on junior Damon Lynn who averaged 17.5 points per game last season.
NJIT Highlanders vs Kentucky Wildcats Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Kentucky Wildcats are 1-0 so far on the season, and 0-1 ATS vs the number. The NJIT Highlanders, meanwhile, are 0-0 and 0-0 ATS. OVER/UNDER bettors have seen Kentucky go 1-0 and the NJIT Highlanders go 6-3 on betting totals.
This game puts the Kentucky Wildcats, most recently No. 2 in the Odds – VSB
power rankings, up against the NJIT Highlanders, who rate No. 348 in the latest survey.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
NJIT suffered a 68-61 loss against Northern Arizona on Tuesday, getting 16 points from Damon Lynn in a losing effort at Walkup Skydome.
- Kentucky is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games
- Kentucky is 24-1 SU in its last 25 games
- Kentucky is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- Kentucky is 24-1 SU in its last 25 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
NJIT at South Florida, Monday, November 16th
Kentucky at Duke, Tuesday, November 17th