Notre Dame and Florida State will clash with a spot in the ACC finals on the line Friday. Both teams have a legitimate chance at being the last team standing in the conference, but bettors should be keeping a keen eye on the Irish. Notre Dame has gone 7-2 ATS in its past nine games, but one of those two ATS losses did come against FSU.
– Shark BITES
- Notre Dame is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games against FSU.
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of the past 5 between Notre Dame and FSU.
- The total has gone UNDER in FSU’s last 4 games.
Notre Dame enters this semifinals matchup with wins in seven of its past eight outings, including an 84-72 victory over FSU. Bonzie Colson continues to confound and torch opposing defenses, as the 6’5” forward has averaged 21.5 points and 9.8 rebounds while shooting 58.5 percent from the field in the past eight games.
It wasn’t always pretty, but FSU clawed its way to a 74-68 victory over Virginia Tech in the ACC quarterfinals Thursday. The Seminoles dominated the glass and played well defensively but shot 40 percent from the floor and a terrible 3-for-16 from beyond the arc. Jonathan Isaac’s play against Colson will be vital for FSU, as the freshman had 23 points and 10 rebounds when the Seminoles beat the Irish this season compared with just four points and six rebounds when they were defeated by Notre Dame.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs Florida State Seminoles Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
This college basketball season, the Florida State Seminoles are 25-7 overall and 19-13 ATS, while the Notre Dame Fighting Irish are 24-8 and 17-8-1 ATS. As for the betting totals, Florida State boasts a 17-15 on the OU, and Notre Dame is 14-12.
The Seminoles – Fighting Irish odds would favor the Seminoles if the lines were set according to our power ranks. Florida State is rated No. 17 in the current Odds – Shark poll, while Notre Dame is at No. 67.
Offensively, the game matches up Florida State’s No. 15 nationally ranked offense (82.75 points per game) against a Notre Dame Fighting Irish defense that sits as the No. 72 at 68.91 PPG. The Florida State Seminoles have been averaging 48.25% from the field, more than the Fighting Irish have managed so far this season (46.25% on average).
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Notre Dame got 21 points and 21 rebounds from Bonzie Colson en route to a 71-58 victory over Virginia on Thursday at Barclays Center.
Dwayne Bacon scored 17 points leading the Seminoles to a 74-68 victory over Virginia Tech at Barclays Center on Thursday.
- Notre Dame is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Notre Dame is 7-1 SU in its last 8 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Notre Dame’s last 5 games
- Notre Dame is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Florida State
- Florida State is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Florida State’s last 6 games
- Florida State is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Notre Dame
- Florida State is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Notre Dame