On the day before St. Patrick’s Day, the #5 seeded Fighting Irish had the fear of god put into them when they narrowly avoided defeat to #12 Princeton in their opening round matchup. They’ll hope the luck of the Irish lingers around until Saturday when they take on the West Virginia Mountaineers who defeated Bucknell 86-80 in first round action. The Mountaineers opened as a slim 2.5 point favorite and bettors should take notice that they’re 0-4 ATS in their last four games.
– Shark Bites
- Notre Dame is 4-1 ATS in its last five games against West Virginia.
- The total has gone UNDER in Notre Dame’s last 12 games against West Virginia.
- Notre Dame is 7-2 SU in its last nine games against teams with winning records.
Working in Notre Dame’s favor is a 7-2 ATS record in its last nine games as an underdog along with a history of dominance vs West Virginia. They’ve won 15 of their last 19 games over West Virginia, but you probably shouldn’t put much stock into that historic record as the teams haven’t played since 2012. As the betting favorite this season, West Virginia has posted a reliable 23-6 SU record which includes outright victories in nine of their last 10 games.
The total for the game opened at 145.5 and the trends are screaming UNDER. The total has gone UNDER in five of West Virginia’s last six games after a win, while it’s also gone below the number in Notre Dame’s last seven games against Big 12 opponents. West Virgina has been very up-and-down offensively lately, with scoring outputs of 86, 74, 51, 63 and 87 over its last five games.
Notre Dame Fighting Irish vs West Virginia Mountaineers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The West Virginia Mountaineers sit at 27-8 (15-16-1 ATS) on the college basketball season. By comparison, the Notre Dame Fighting Irish are currently 26-9 (18-10-1 ATS). Looking to bet on the total points scored? West Virginia is 18-14 OU, and Notre Dame is 14-15 OU.
It’s a betting matchup between the No. 39-rated West Virginia Mountaineers and the No. 36-ranked Notre Dame Fighting Irish, according to the latest pro hoops power rankings here at Odds – Shark.
Rebounding is always a key handicapping betting consideration and Notre Dame is ranked No. 214 in NCAA basketball at 33.83 per game. Contrast that with West Virginia’s No. 69 mark in the paint. When it comes to three-point shooting, West Virginia is the No. 125-ranked team in the country at 7.49 per game, while Notre Dame rates No. 24 at 9.26 per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Fighting Irish got 18 points from Bonzie Colson as Notre Dame ran past Princeton 60-58 on Thursday at Keybank Center.
Tarik Phillip scored 16 points leading the Mountaineers to a 86-80 victory over Bucknell at Keybank Center on Thursday.
- Notre Dame is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- Notre Dame is 9-2 SU in its last 11 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Notre Dame’s last 8 games
- Notre Dame is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games when playing West Virginia
- West Virginia is 1-7-1 ATS in its last 9 games
- West Virginia is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- West Virginia is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Notre Dame
- West Virginia is 5-16 SU in its last 21 games when playing Notre Dame