The AL East rivalry between the Toronto Blue Jays and Baltimore Orioles has been a competitive one but bettors have seen nothing but UNDERs when the two clubs meet. The UNDER has hit in the past 10 games between the Jays and O’s with the two squads combining for an average of 6.1 rpg.
– Shark BITES
- The Orioles are 3-7 SU in their last 10 games on the road against the Blue Jays.
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of the Blue Jays’ last 13 games against the AL East.
- The Orioles are 7-1 SU in their last 8 games against teams with losing records.
Kevin Gausman already faced off against the Jays this season and performed admirably. The righty went 5.1 innings while only allowing two runs but did throw 103 pitches in relatively short order. The struggling Blue Jays bat were stifled by the O’s pitching staff in their season-opening series, as Baltimore allowed just three runs and a .240 batting average.
Francisco Liriano looked absolutely dreadful in his first start by allowing five runs while giving up four walks in just 0.1 innings of work. That outing saw the lefty throw 22 balls and just 13 strikes. The Jays’ bats have been downright terrible so far this season, as they are hitting a collective .190 while averaging 2.8 rpg.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as MyBookie had set the Toronto Blue Jays as -110 favorites on the moneyline for this contest. The over under was hovering near 9 for betting fans hoping to turn a profit on totals at Bovada.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 4.4-4.2 result in favor of the Orioles. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Baltimore Orioles vs Toronto Blue Jays Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
1-7 Toronto battles the Orioles, currently with a 5-2 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Toronto vs Baltimore injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 10 (Toronto Blue Jays) and the No. 15 (Baltimore Orioles) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the Toronto Blue Jays No. 30-ranked scoring average of 2.88 runs per game, against a Baltimore Orioles offense rated No. 11 and scoring 4.71 runs per game. The Blue Jays have averaged 6.5 hits per game to date this season, less than the Orioles hitters have managed (8.43 per nine innings).
Comparing defensive stats, Baltimore owns the No. 26-rated road mark, allowing 6.5 runs per game on the highway. Toronto, on the other hand, rates No. 28 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Baltimore is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Baltimore is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Baltimore’s last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 16 of Baltimore’s last 23 games
- Toronto is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Toronto is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Toronto’s last 13 games
- Toronto is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Baltimore at Toronto, Friday, April 14th