The Baltimore Orioles are very much in the running for the top American League wild-card spot, and a Wednesday victory over the Toronto Blue Jays will go a long way to helping their cause. The AL East clubs tangle on the diamond once again tonight.
- The Orioles are 2-6 SU in their last eight games on the road against the Blue Jays.
- The Blue Jays are 5-1 SU in their last six games at home with Marcus Stroman as the starting pitcher.
- The Orioles are 8-2 SU and ATS in their last 10 games as road underdogs.
Ubaldo Jimenez and Marcus Stroman will get the nod for the O’s and Jays, respectively. Jimenez (7-12, 5.71 ERA) has been solid since returning to the rotation in August and has posted quality starts in four of his last six outings. The hurler limited the Jays to three runs in 6 2/3 innings without factoring in the dicision on August 30.
Stroman (9-9, 4.34) has not won since August 14 despite allowing three or fewer earned runs in six of his last seven starts. The Duke product last saw Baltimore on June 19 and was lit up for seven runs and 10 hits in 3 2/3 innings.
The UNDER has been a hot bet when these teams collide. In the last six meetings between the Jays and Orioles, the UNDER is a perfect 6-0.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the Toronto Blue Jays in this matchup found them as -176 favorites on the MLB money line at BetOnline. Betting the over under instead? It was 9 at its open earlier today and hovering near that number at Bovada.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction formulas pick a 4.5-3.1 win for the Blue Jays on Thursday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Baltimore Orioles vs Toronto Blue Jays Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Toronto Blue Jays bring a 87-71 record to the battle against the 86-72 Orioles. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Toronto vs Baltimore injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 11 (Toronto Blue Jays) and the No. 9 (Baltimore Orioles) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
At the plate, Toronto owns the No. 23 ranking for hits at 8.43 per game. By contrast, the Baltimore Orioles are rated No. 15 in the same category at 8.73 per game.
Baltimore brings the No. 17-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Blue Jays’s No. 6-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Baltimore shook off a 10-strikeout performance from F Liriano and still came out on top last tiime, emerging with a 3-2 victory over Toronto on Wednesday at Rogers Centre.
- Baltimore is 2-9 ATS in its last 11 games
- Baltimore is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Baltimore’s last 5 games
- Baltimore is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
- Toronto is 6-16 ATS in its last 22 games
- Toronto is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Toronto’s last 7 games
- Toronto is 3-9 ATS in its last 12 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Baltimore at New York, Friday, September 30th
Toronto at Boston, Friday, September 30th