Despite possessing the ninth-ranked offense in baseball, the Baltimore Orioles have been one of the best UNDER bets in recent memory. The O’s have gone under in 24 of their past 29 games with an average combined score of 6.8 runs per game in that span. Baltimore kicks off a weekend series with the San Francisco Giants Friday.
- J.J. Hardy is hitting .333 with 17 RBIs in his past 31 games.
- The Giants are 6-18 against the runline in their past 24 games.
- The UNDER is 12-1 in the Giants’ last 13 games against a team with a winning record.
Dylan Bundy has been a revelation for the Orioles since joining the rotation, as the right-hander has a 3.00 ERA with 33 strikeouts and six walks in fives starts. Bundy has been especially good the first time through the opponent’s lineup, as he has held batters to a .159 batting average in that spot.
The Giants send red-hot Matt Cain to the bump for the series opener. Cain has not allowed a single run in his last two starts – both of which came against a solid Washington Nationals’ offense.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those betting on the visitors in this one found the Baltimore Orioles listed as of -105 at most sportsbooks, including Bodog. Total bettors saw the number open in the area of 8, check for odds updates at MyBookie.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 4.1-2.9 win for the Giants. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Baltimore Orioles vs San Francisco Giants Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The San Francisco Giants sport a record of 65-49 heading into this matchup, while the Baltimore Orioles sit at 64-50 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Francisco vs Baltimore injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 18 (San Francisco Giants) and the No. 15 (Baltimore Orioles) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
On offense, it’s a battle between the San Francisco Giants and its No. 17-rated batting order, averaging 4.43 runs per nine innings, against the No. 10 line up of the Baltimore Orioles at 4.68 runs per outing.
Baltimore brings the No. 13-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Giants’s No. 5-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Baltimore rolled to a 9-6 win against Oakland on Thursday, as C Tillman and the Orioles’ bats led the team to victory at O.co Coliseum.
J Samardzija chucked 5.2 shutout innings at the Marlins in their last game, striking out 3 in a 1-0 win against Miami in baseball action at Marlins Park.
- Baltimore is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- Baltimore is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 20 of Baltimore’s last 25 games
- Baltimore is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- San Francisco is 6-18 ATS in its last 24 games
- San Francisco is 8-16 SU in its last 24 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of San Francisco’s last 7 games
- San Francisco is 15-8 SU in its last 23 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Baltimore at San Francisco, Saturday, August 13th