The Tampa Bay Rays have been tagged with a loss in both of starting pitcher Chris Archer’s two outings against the Baltimore Orioles so far this season as those two division rivals meet in baseball betting action on Friday night.
Archer is 9-7 with a 2.73 ERA on the season, but he’s also 1-4 with a 5.65 ERA in his seven career outings against Baltimore heading into Friday’s game. Chris Tillman (7-7, 4.96 ERA) will get the ball for the Orioles in this contest.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The visiting Baltimore Orioles were 150 moneyline underdogs in this one earlier in the day at most online sportsbooks including Bodog. The total was 7 at Bet365 for those preferring over under betting.
Odds – VSB score prediction models pick a 3.9-2.8 result in favor of the Orioles today.
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Tampa Bay Rays sport a record of 48-49 heading into this matchup, while the Baltimore Orioles sit at 46-48 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Tampa Bay vs Baltimore injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Tampa Bay Rays rated this week at No. 29 and the Baltimore Orioles sitting at No. 21.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Baltimore Orioles rank No. 17 at 8.5 hits per game. That compares with the Tampa Bay Rays No. 29 ranking in that category.
Comparing defensive stats, Baltimore owns the No. 15-rated road mark, allowing 4.17 runs per game on the highway. Tampa Bay, on the other hand, rates No. 27 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Baltimore didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 9-3 to New York on Thursday at Yankee Stadium.
Tampa Bay lost in extra innings against the Phillies on Wednesday as Philadelphia edged them 5-4 at Citizens Bank Park.
- Baltimore is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games
- Baltimore is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Baltimore’s last 7 games when playing Tampa Bay
- Baltimore is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games when playing on the road against Tampa Bay
- Tampa Bay is 6-15 SU in its last 21 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Tampa Bay’s last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Tampa Bay’s last 7 games when playing Baltimore
- Tampa Bay is 4-8 SU in its last 12 games when playing at home against Baltimore
Next Betting Matchups
Baltimore at Tampa Bay, Saturday, July 25th