After a disappointing introduction to the Fenway faithful, Drew Pomeranz will make his 2017 season debut against the Orioles this evening. The lefty had undisclosed arm tightness when the Red Sox traded for him last summer and that led to a tumultuous first few months in Boston. However, the BoSox will hope Pomeranz, having had the winter to rest, is back to normal and bookmakers expect him to be as they opened the Sox as a -135 favorite for tonight’s AL East contest.
– Shark BITES
- Drew Pomeranz lasted just 2 innings and gave up 5 runs in his last outing against the Orioles.
- The Orioles are 0-4 SU and ATS in their last 4 games against the Red Sox.
- The total has gone UNDER in the Orioles’ last 6 games against the Red Sox.
For Baltimore, righty Dylan Bundy will get the rock after an excellent start against the Blue Jays in which he pitched seven innings of one-run, four-hit baseball and struck out eight batters. That said, Bundy was awful against Boston last season, posting a 6.75 ERA in six appearances. He got more experience against the Red Sox than against any other team in 2016 but he allowed them to earn an impressive 31 hits against him in 20 innings of work.
Although they haven’t quite broken out of their shells offensively, this is a good spot for the Sox. Their lineup is absolutely stacked back to front and when you consider what they did to Bundy under a year ago, you can easily picture this being Mookie Betts and company’s coming-out party.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the visiting Baltimore Orioles before the first pitch in this match found them as 125 moneyline underdogs earlier today at Bovada. They saw the over/under total of 9 earlier at TopBet.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 5.7-2.2 result in favor of the Red Sox. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Baltimore Orioles vs Boston Red Sox Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Boston Red Sox bring a 3-3 record to the battle against the 4-1 Orioles. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Boston vs Baltimore injuries news.
This game puts the Boston Red Sox, most recently No. 9 in Odds – Shark MLB Power Rankings, up against the Baltimore Orioles, who rate a No. 15 in the latest survey.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Baltimore is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games
- Baltimore is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 16 of Baltimore’s last 21 games
- Baltimore is 12-5 ATS in its last 17 games on the road
- Boston is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- Boston is 4-11 SU in its last 15 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Boston’s last 14 games
- Boston is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Baltimore at Boston, Wednesday, April 12th