Boston (Price) and Baltimore (Tillman) will kick off a series tonight in a matchup between two of the best offenses in baseball who have been OVER machines this year, posting a combined 65-53-8 OVER/UNDER for the season.
- The Orioles are 9-1 in their last 10 games with Chris Tillman as their starter.
- Baltimore is 6-1 O/U in their last 7 road games and Boston is 11-3-1 O/U in their last 15 home games.
- The Orioles are 8-3 in their last 11 games as underdogs against the Red Sox.
Chris Tillman will go into Fenway looking to cool the Red Sox bats and has a good opportunity to do so. In his last 13 games as a starter against the Bo Sox, Tillman has posted a stellar 2.83 ERA and an 8-2 record.
Boston’s “Ace”, David Price, has looked like a pitcher on the decline this year, and got touched up for five runs in his lone start against the O’s this season. Price has also struggled at Fenway, posting a 5.61 ERA in 7 starts at home.
The numbers seem to hint that the Orioles are laying good value in this one as moneyline underdogs – but with an offense like the Red Sox have, that could change very quickly.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Baseball betting odds makers, including BetOnline, opened the Boston Red Sox as -173 moneyline favorites in this matchup. Over under total bettors saw the number open at 8.5 at shops such as Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 6.4-2.8 victory for the Red Sox. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Baltimore Orioles vs Boston Red Sox Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
36-26 Boston battles the Orioles, currently with a 36-26 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Boston vs Baltimore injuries news.
This game puts the Boston Red Sox, most recently No. 2 in Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings, up against the Baltimore Orioles, who rate a No. 14 in the latest survey.
The game also pits Boston Red Sox No. 1-rated offense, averaging 5.95 runs per game, against a Baltimore Orioles defense that ranks No. 17 at 4.39 in runs allowed per game. The Boston Red Sox have averaged 10.42 hits per game so far, more than Baltimore Orioles batters have averaged on the year (8.85 hits per game).
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Boston has the No. 20-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Orioles own the No. 17 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Baltimore suffered a 10-9 loss against Toronto on Sunday, as U Jimenez wasn’t able to lead his team to victory at Rogers Centre.
Boston lost in extra innings against the Twins on Sunday as Minnesota edged them 7-4 at Target Field.
- Baltimore is 5-1 ATS in its last 6 games
- Baltimore is 8-4 SU in its last 12 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Baltimore’s last 6 games
- Baltimore is 3-8 SU in its last 11 games on the road
- Boston is 14-5 SU in its last 19 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 12 of Boston’s last 17 games at home
- Boston is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Baltimore
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Boston’s last 6 games when playing at home against Baltimore
Next Betting Matchups
Baltimore at Boston, Wednesday, June 15th