Clinching series wins has become commonplace for the Boston Red Sox this season, and the team can do so again on Tuesday when they host the Baltimore Orioles in the second of a three-game series.
- The Orioles are 0-3 SU and ATS in their last three games against the Red Sox.
- The Orioles are 5-1 SU in their last six games after a loss.
- The Red Sox are 5-1 SU and 6-0 ATS in their last six games.
Dylan Bundy and Drew Pomeranz are the probable starters. Bundy (8-5, 3.82 ERA) has allowed five runs in three of his last five outings. Bundy was rocked against Boston on August 17, giving up five runs on nine hits in 4 1/3 innings of work in a losing effort.
Pomeranz (10-11, 3.01) allowed three runs or fewer in each of his last seven starts, but has only recorded two wins during that span. The hurler is making his first career start against Baltimore.
Fenway Park has been a fantastic source of OVERs lately. In Boston’s last six home games, the OVER is 5-1.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as Bovada had installed the Boston Red Sox as -150 moneyline favorites in this particular MLB betting odds matchup. The total, meanwhile, was set early at 9.5 before betting at 5Dimes started to move the line.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Red Sox to win this game 6.9-2.5. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Baltimore Orioles vs Boston Red Sox Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Boston Red Sox sport a record of 81-62 heading into this matchup, while the Baltimore Orioles sit at 78-65 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Boston vs Baltimore injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 1-ranked Boston Red Sox and the No. 7-rated Baltimore Orioles in this matchup.
The game also pits Boston Red Sox No. 1-rated offense, averaging 5.61 runs per game, against a Baltimore Orioles defense that ranks No. 18 at 4.57 in runs allowed per game. The Boston Red Sox have averaged 10.1 hits per game so far, more than Baltimore Orioles batters have averaged on the year (8.89 hits per game).
Boston owns the No. 13 defense, allowing 5.61 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Baltimore’s No. 18-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Baltimore was scored on plenty on Monday, falling behind early and watching runners cross the plate all game in a 12-2 loss to Boston.
- Baltimore is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Baltimore’s last 7 games
- Baltimore is 6-2 ATS in its last 8 games on the road
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Baltimore’s last 7 games on the road
- Boston is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
- Boston is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Boston’s last 5 games
- Boston is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Baltimore at Boston, Wednesday, September 14th