The Boston Red Sox have been automatic when Rick Porcello gets the start at Fenway Park this season, as the team is a perfect 14-0 in those outings. Porcello has posted a 3.03 ERA while the Red Sox have supplied him with 7.86 runs of support in those 14 games. Porcello and the BoSox close out their three-game series with the Baltimore Orioles on Wednesday.
- David Ortiz is 8-for-18 with 2 home runs and 5 RBIs in his career against Kevin Gausman.
- The Orioles are 1-3 SU and ATS in their past 4 against the Red Sox.
- The Orioles are 2-7 SU in their past 9 games after winning as an underdog.
Kevin Gausman has been lights out, as the righty has allowed just three runs in his past four starts while striking out 26 batters. Gausman has struggled against the Red Sox this season, though, as he has an 11.00 ERA in two starts against the BoSox.
The Red Sox may have dropped the second game of the series on Tuesday, but they offer some intriguing bounce-back ability for bettors. The Sox are 7-0 SU and ATS in their last seven games against a team they lost their previous game against.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Baseball betting odds makers, including BetOnline, opened the Boston Red Sox as -159 moneyline favorites in this matchup. Over under total bettors saw the number open at 9 at shops such as Bovada.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 6.9-2.2 win for the Red Sox. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Baltimore Orioles vs Boston Red Sox Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
81-63 Boston battles the Orioles, currently with a 79-65 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Boston vs Baltimore injuries news.
The Boston Red Sox vs Baltimore Orioles odds would favor the Red Sox if the betting lines were set according to our power ranks. Boston is rated No. 1 in the current Odds – Shark
poll, while Baltimore is at No. 7.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Boston has baseball’s No. 1-rated offensive output, at 10.09 hits per game. The Baltimore Orioles average 8.89 hits per game, good for No. 11 on the list.
Boston owns the No. 14 defense, allowing 5.59 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Baltimore’s No. 18-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Orioles grabbed a win last time out, defeating D Pomeranz and the Red Sox 6-3 on Tuesday at Fenway Park.
- Baltimore is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 10 of Baltimore’s last 15 games
- Baltimore is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- Baltimore is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games on the road
- Boston is 6-1 ATS in its last 7 games
- Boston is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Boston’s last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Boston’s last 7 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Baltimore home to Tampa Bay, Thursday, September 15th
Boston home to New York, Thursday, September 15th