The race for the American League East is one of the most competitive in MLB right now, and the Baltimore Orioles can stretch out that lead with a win over the Chicago White Sox on Sunday.
- The White Sox are 5-1 in their last 6 home games.
- The UNDER is 22-5 in the Orioles last 27 games.
- The UNDER is 8-3-1 in the last 12 meetings in Chicago.
Dylan Bundy and James Shields are the probable starters. Bundy (4-3, 3.05 ERA) owns a 2-1 mark with a 1.53 ERA and 15 strikeouts in his last three starts (17 2/3 innings).
Shields (5-13, 4.92) saw his run of six straight quality starts come to an end on Tuesday, as the 34-year-old allowed six runs on nine hits in five innings of a 11-5 loss to the Tigers. Shields owns an 11-7 career mark against Baltimore.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Chicago was a 120 moneyline underdogs earlier in the day at BetOnline, based on the starting pitcher matchup. That pairing made odds makers at 5Dimes pick an opening over under number of 9.5.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Orioles to win this game 4.6-4.2. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Baltimore Orioles vs Chicago White Sox Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Chicago White Sox sport a record of 53-57 heading into this matchup, while the Baltimore Orioles sit at 62-47 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs Baltimore injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Chicago White Sox rated this week at No. 28 and the Baltimore Orioles sitting at No. 23.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Chicago White Sox and its No. 26-rated batting order, averaging 4 runs per nine innings, against the No. 9 line up of the Baltimore Orioles at 4.7 runs per outing.
Defensively, Baltimore features the No. 26-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.89 runs per game. Chicago, meanwhile, comes in at No. 24 at home, scoring 4.07 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Baltimore suffered a 4-2 loss against Chicago on Saturday, as C Tillman wasn’t able to lead his team to victory at U.S. Cellular Field.
- Baltimore is 4-8 ATS in its last 12 games
- Baltimore is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 21 of Baltimore’s last 24 games
- Baltimore is 4-8 ATS in its last 12 games on the road
- Chi White Sox is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Chi White Sox’s last 7 games
- Chi White Sox is 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games at home
- Chi White Sox is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Baltimore at Oakland, Monday, August 8th
Chicago at Kansas City, Tuesday, August 9th