The New York Yankees can complete a four-game sweep of the Baltimore Orioles with a win at Yankee Stadium on Thursday. In the wake of yesterday’s triumph, the Bronx Bombers have moved to two games above .500 for the first time since April 12.
- The Orioles are 2-8 SU in their last 10 games on the road against the Yankees.
- The Orioles are 9-1 SU in their last 10 games with Chris Tillman as the starting pitcher.
- The Yankees are 5-0 SU in their last five games on Thursday.
Chris Tillman and CC Sabathia are the probable starters. Tillman (13-2, 3.29 ERA) owns a minuscule 1.29 ERA in three July starts, permitting 12 hits over 21 innings during that span. Sabathia (5-7, 3.94) turns 36 today and will be looking to make it a festive occasion. The veteran has given up five home runs while going 0-3 over his last five starts.
When these teams collide, low-scoring affairs tend to follow. In the last four matchups between the clubs, the UNDER is 4-0.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as Bodog had installed the New York Yankees as 107 moneyline underdogs in this particular MLB betting odds matchup. The total, meanwhile, was set early at 9 before betting at 5Dimes started to move the line.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction formulas pick a 3.8-2.0 win for the Yankees on Thursday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Baltimore Orioles vs New York Yankees Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
New York (48-46) will face the 53-40 Orioles in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Baltimore injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 21-ranked New York Yankees and the No. 12-rated Baltimore Orioles in this matchup.
Offensively, the game matches up New York Yankees No. 21 ranked offense (4.18 runs per game) against a Baltimore Orioles defense and pitching staff that sits at No. 16 at 4.56 runs allowed per game. The New York Yankees have been averaging 8.4 hits per game, less than the Baltimore Orioles have managed so far this season (9.23 hits on average).
Comparing defensive stats, Baltimore owns the No. 26-rated road mark, allowing 4.91 runs per game on the highway. New York, on the other hand, rates No. 17 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Orioles were shut out in their last start, struggling to get much going against the New York staff and losing 5-0 to the Yankees on Wednesday at Yankee Stadium.
- Baltimore is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games
- Baltimore is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Baltimore’s last 5 games
- Baltimore is 0-5 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- NY Yankees is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- NY Yankees is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of NY Yankees’s last 5 games
- NY Yankees is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Baltimore home to Cleveland, Friday, July 22nd
New York home to San Francisco, Friday, July 22nd