Thanks to a 4-0 win over the Toronto Blue Jays on Thursday, the Baltimore Orioles are tied with the Jays for the top wild-card spot in the American League with the season dwindling down. Next up on the docket is a Friday contest against the New York Yankees.
- The Orioles are 1-6 SU in their last seven games after consecutive wins.
- The Yankees are 10-3 SU in their last 13 games at home.
- The total has gone UNDER in the Orioles’ last 12 games.
Yovani Gallardo and Michael Pineda are listed as the probable starters. Gallardo (5-8, 5.63 ERA) was rocked for eight runs in 1 1/3 innings at Yankee Stadium just over a month ago. Pitching on the road has been a headache for Gallardo, as he has a 6.71 ERA on the road this season.
Pineda (6-11, 4.68) has had some tough luck lately, as the 27-year-old owns an 0-1 record in his last nine outings. Pineda is 4-2 with a 3.73 ERA in 11 career starts against the O’s.
UNDER bettors love seeing these teams face off. The UNDER is 9-2 in the last 11 matchups between the Orioles and Yankees.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The New York Yankees were listed as -129 moneyline favorites earlier in the day at BetOnline, while odds makers set the opening total line around 9 earlier at Bovada.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 4.5-2.5 victory for the Orioles. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Baltimore Orioles vs New York Yankees Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The New York Yankees sport a record of 83-76 heading into this matchup, while the Baltimore Orioles sit at 87-72 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Baltimore injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the New York Yankees rated this week at No. 19 and the Baltimore Orioles sitting at No. 18.
On offense, it’s a battle between the New York Yankees and its No. 22-rated batting order, averaging 4.21 runs per nine innings, against the No. 12 line up of the Baltimore Orioles at 4.58 runs per outing.
Comparing defensive stats, Baltimore owns the No. 21-rated road mark, allowing 4.73 runs per game on the highway. New York, on the other hand, rates No. 12 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Baltimore is 3-9 ATS in its last 12 games
- Baltimore is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Baltimore’s last 5 games
- Baltimore is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games on the road
- NY Yankees is 5-0 ATS in its last 5 games
- NY Yankees is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of NY Yankees’s last 8 games
- NY Yankees is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Baltimore at New York, Saturday, October 1st