The Atlanta Braves have been dreadful this season, but they are on the verge of completing a rare series sweep when they take on the San Diego Padres Thursday. The Braves have only swept two series this season and have not accomplished the feat since mid-June.
- The OVER is 6-2 in the Braves’ past eight games as favorites.
- The Braves are 2-7 in Mike Foltynewicz’ past nine starts at Turner Field.
- The Padres are 3-12 in their past 15 games as underdogs.
Mike Foltynewicz has excelled in his rare day starts this season, as the righty has a 1.38 ERA in his four trips to the bump in the afternoon. Foltynewicz has also steadied his control in his recent outings with a 13-to-1 K/BB ratio in his past two starts.
Jarred Cosart has been a solid acquisition for the Padres, as the righty has posted a 2.88 ERA through five appearances with the club. Cosart lasted 5.2 innings while surrendering five runs and walking six in his lone outing against the Braves this season.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Those betting on the visitors in this one found the San Diego Padres listed as underdogs of 119 at most sportsbooks, including Bodog. Total bettors saw the number open in the area of 8.5, check for odds updates at MyBookie.
Odds – Shark
computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 6.7-1.6 victory for the Braves. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
San Diego Padres vs Atlanta Braves Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
50-83 Atlanta battles the Padres, currently with a 55-77 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Atlanta vs San Diego injuries news.
The Atlanta Braves sit at No. 26 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the San Diego Padres sit at No. 25 on the same chart.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Atlanta has baseball’s No. 29-rated offensive output, at 8.44 hits per game. The San Diego Padres average 7.94 hits per game, good for No. 30 on the list.
San Diego brings the No. 25-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Braves’s No. 26-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
San Diego looks to awaken their bats in this one, after they were struck out 10 times by Matt Wisler in their last outing, a 8-1 setback against Atlanta at Turner Field.
- San Diego is 2-6 SU in its last 8 games
- San Diego is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- San Diego is 2-8 SU in its last 10 games on the road
- San Diego is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games when playing Atlanta
- Atlanta is 8-2 ATS in its last 10 games
- Atlanta is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 14 of Atlanta’s last 19 games
- Atlanta is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
San Diego at Los Angeles, Friday, September 2nd
Atlanta at Philadelphia, Friday, September 2nd