The San Diego Padres will aim to avoid being swept by the St. Louis Cardinals when they take at Busch Stadium Thursday. That may be easier said than done, as the Padres have lost their past six road games while being outscored 34-16 in that span.
- The Padres are 0-5 in their past five games against the Cardinals.
- The UNDER has hit in 14 of the Cardinals’ past 20 games at home.
- The Cardinals are 12-3 in the past 15 games that Adam Wainwright starts.
The Padres will send Andrew Cashner to the mound in hopes that the righty can shake his poor play on the road. Cashner has a 7.83 ERA while allowing opponents to bat .315 in six road starts this season – including an eight hit, eight runs performance in his last outing away from Petco Park.
After a tough start to the year, we are starting to see the Adam Wainwright we have been accustomed to the past several seasons. Wainwright has a 0.39 ERA through his past three starts while pitching at least seven innings in each of those contests.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The San Diego Padres were listed as 203 underdogs on the MLB baseball moneyline at many online sportsbooks, including Bet365. The total was set at 8 before betting started earlier on Thursday over at Bodog.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 4.7-2.9 win for the Cardinals. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
San Diego Padres vs St. Louis Cardinals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
St. Louis (50-44) will face the 41-54 Padres in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and St. Louis vs San Diego injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 6-rated St. Louis Cardinals and the league No. 13-ranked San Diego Padres, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
On offense, it’s a battle between the St. Louis Cardinals and its No. 2-rated batting order, averaging 5.17 runs per nine innings, against the No. 18 line up of the San Diego Padres at 4.37 runs per outing.
San Diego brings the No. 26-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Cardinals’s No. 9-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
San Diego suffered a 3-2 loss against St. Louis on Wednesday, as P Clemens wasn’t able to lead his team to victory at Busch Stadium.
- San Diego is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- San Diego is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of San Diego’s last 8 games
- San Diego is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- St. Louis is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of St. Louis’s last 18 games
- St. Louis is 6-14 ATS in its last 20 games at home
- St. Louis is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
San Diego at Washington, Friday, July 22nd
St. Louis home to Los Angeles, Friday, July 22nd