The San Diego Padres will send ace Drew Pomeranz to the mound to take on the Los Angeles Dodgers Thursday. Pomeranz has been wildly overlooked pitching for the hapless Padres, but his stellar 2.65 ERA has led to the UNDER cashing in 10 of his past 12 starts.
- The Padres are 4-11 in their past 15 games against the Dodgers.
- The UNDER is 6-1 in the Dodgers’ past seven games with a closing total of 7.0 or less.
- Yasiel Puig is batting .333 in his 15 games since returning from the DL.
Pomeranz has only allowed opposing batters to hit .191 this season – the fourth-best mark in the MLB. The lefty has been especially strong when pitching under the lights, as Pomeranz has a 1.98 ERA in 10 night starts this season.
The Dodgers will counter with Hyun-Jin Ryu – who has not pitched on a major league mound since the 2014 playoffs. Ryu has been rehabbing from a shoulder surgery he underwent over a year ago now. The southpaw has a 4.23 ERA in eight rehab starts between Single-A and Triple-A this season.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Los Angeles Dodgers were listed as -143 moneyline favorites earlier in the day at BetOnline, while odds makers set the opening total line around 7.5 earlier at Bodog.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 5.1-3.3 win for the Dodgers. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
San Diego Padres vs Los Angeles Dodgers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Los Angeles Dodgers sport a record of 48-39 heading into this matchup, while the San Diego Padres sit at 37-48 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Los Angeles vs San Diego injuries news.
The Odds – Shark
MLB Power Rankings have the Los Angeles Dodgers at No. 6 and the San Diego Padres at No. 20 heading into this contest.
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and Los Angeles has baseball’s No. 21-rated offensive output, at 8.03 hits per game. The San Diego Padres average 8.34 hits per game, good for No. 23 on the list.
San Diego brings the No. 26-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Dodgers’s No. 4-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
San Diego got the job done in their last match in a 13-6 victory over Arizona on Wednesday at Chase Field behind starter Colin Rea.
Los Angeles lost a tight one on Wednesday, seeing the game get away from them in extra innings and falling by a 6-4 score against Baltimore at Dodger Stadium.
- San Diego is 3-6 ATS in its last 9 games
- San Diego is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 7 of San Diego’s last 8 games
- San Diego is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- LA Dodgers is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games
- LA Dodgers is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of LA Dodgers’s last 6 games
- LA Dodgers is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
San Diego at Los Angeles, Friday, July 8th