The All-Star break did not do the New York Mets any favors, as the club has gone 9-17 since returning to the diamond. The Mets recent woes have been especially bad at home where they have gone just 3-10 in their past 13 games. New York will continue their weekend series with the San Diego Padres Saturday.
- Jacob deGrom has a 1.96 ERA at Citi Field this season.
- The Padres are 9-3 against the runline in their past 12 road games.
- The OVER is 8-3 in the past 11 meetings between the Padres and Mets.
Jacob deGrom has been pitching like a man possessed recently with the righty posting a 1.52 ERA and a 49/9 strikeout-to-walk ratio in his past eight starts. DeGrom struggled in his first start against the Padres this season, as he surrendered eight hits and three runs over 5.0 innings.
Jarred Cosart’s two appearances with the Padres were both bad for different reasons. Cosart’s first outing saw him surrender six walks in just 3.1 innings while his second saw him get tagged for 10 hits and five runs.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The San Diego Padres were listed as 190 underdogs on the MLB baseball moneyline at many online sportsbooks, including Bet365. The total was set at 7.5 before betting started earlier on Saturday over at Bodog.
Odds – Shark
computer score prediction models pick a possible 4.2-3.4 win for the Padres on Saturday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
San Diego Padres vs New York Mets Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The New York Mets bring a 57-58 record to the battle against the 50-65 Padres. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs San Diego injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 24-rated New York Mets and the league No. 11-ranked San Diego Padres, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
Rating these teams in several key categories is important for handicappers and New York has baseball’s No. 29-rated offensive output, at 7.87 hits per game. The San Diego Padres average 8.16 hits per game, good for No. 27 on the list.
New York owns the No. 3 defense, allowing 3.69 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with San Diego’s No. 25-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Padres enjoyed a 8-6 victory at the expense of the Mets on Friday, with P Clemens throwing 5 innings of 5-hit ball at Citi Field.
- San Diego is 15-6 ATS in its last 21 games
- The total has gone OVER in 6 of San Diego’s last 8 games
- San Diego is 9-3 ATS in its last 12 games on the road
- San Diego is 5-12 SU in its last 17 games on the road
- NY Mets is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- NY Mets is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of NY Mets’s last 13 games
- NY Mets is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
San Diego at New York, Sunday, August 14th