After a sub-par start to the 2015 NHL campaign, the Los Angeles Kings have been red-hot to say the least and will look to continue that momentum Saturday at home against the Florida Panthers. The Kings fell to the Columbus Blue Jackets on Thursday which was just their second loss in the last 10 games.
- The home team is 6-1 in the last 7 meetings.
- The Panthers are 2-10 in their last 12 against the Kings.
- The UNDER is 5-1-1 in the last 7 meetings.
The Staples Center has been far from friendly territory for the Panthers according to recent history. Florida has dropped six in a row against the Kings in California. Kings netminder Jonathan Quick is 5-2-0 with a 1.93 goals against average in seven career starts versus the Panthers.
Florida will be looking to halt a four game losing skid (0-2-2) that’s seen them muster up just six goals in total during that span.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
NHL Hockey odds makers at Bodog had the Los Angeles Kings as -195 moneyline favorites in this betting matchup. Those over under betting saw the line open at 5 at BetOnline.
Odds – VSB
score prediction models pick a 2.9-2.8 result in favor of the Panthers today. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Florida Panthers vs Los Angeles Kings Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Los Angeles Kings sport a record of 8-5-0 heading into this matchup, while the Florida Panthers sit at 5-5-3 on the season. The OVER/UNDER records are 3-5-5 for the Kings and 4-5-4 for the Panthers. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Los Angeles vs Florida injuries news.
The NHL Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Los Angeles Kings rated this week at No. 5 and the Florida Panthers sitting at No. 7.
The game also pits Los Angeles’s No. 22-ranked offense, averaging 2.38 goals per game, against a Panthers defense that ranks No. 8 at 2.38 goals allowed. The Kings power play is averaging 19.51% while the Panthers defense kills off 78.43% of their penalties.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Florida was a 5-2 loser in its last match on the road against the Sharks. They lost as +157 underdogs, while the total score of 7 made winners of OVER bettors.
Los Angeles was a 3-2 loser in its last match at home against the Blue Jackets. They lost as favorites, while the total score of 5 made winners of PUSH bettors.
- Florida is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- Florida is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Florida is 2-10 SU in its last 12 games when playing Los Angeles
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Florida’s last 7 games when playing Los Angeles
- Los Angeles is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games
- Los Angeles is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Los Angeles’s last 6 games at home
- Los Angeles is 10-2 SU in its last 12 games when playing Florida
Next Betting Matchups
Florida home to Calgary, Tuesday, November 10th
Los Angeles home to Arizona, Tuesday, November 10th