The Florida Panthers are coming off one of the best offensive outbursts in NHL history and will visit the Philadelphia Flyers Monday. The Panthers scored four goals on eight shots within the first seven minutes in their last game, which was against the Flyers.
- Flyers RW Jakub Voracheck had two goals and one assist against the Panthers last season.
- Panthers RW Jaromir Jagr has 47 goals in 94 career games against the Flyers,.
- The Flyers are 26-15-6 all-time in career openers.
Flyers goalie Steve Mason has looked terrible in the first two games this season with a 6.12 GAA with a .825 save percentage. However, Mason was strong against the Panthers last season with a 1.32 GAA and a .959 save percentage in three starts against Florida.
Panthers goalie Roberto Luongo has been accustomed to topping the Flyers, with the netminder posting a 4-1-0 record in his past five starts against Philly. Luongo has only allowed one goal in three of those five starts.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to back the visiting Florida Panthers before puck drop in this match found them as 115 moneyline underdogs at 5Dimes. They saw an opening total of 5.5, according to BetOnline.
Odds – VSB
prediction models pick the Panthers to win this game 3.3-2.1. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Florida Panthers vs Philadelphia Flyers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Philadelphia Flyers bring a 0-1-1 record to the battle against the — Panthers. OVER/UNDER bettors have seen Philadelphia go 1-1 so far and the Panthers go -. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Philadelphia vs Florida injuries news.
According to new NHL Power Rankings here at Odds – VSB
, it’s the No. 21-ranked Philadelphia Flyers and the No. 7-rated Florida Panthers in this matchup.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Florida is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- Florida is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games on the road
- Florida is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Philadelphia
- The total has gone UNDER in 11 of Florida’s last 15 games when playing Philadelphia
- Philadelphia is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Philadelphia’s last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Philadelphia’s last 5 games at home
- Philadelphia is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Florida
Next Betting Matchups
Florida at Carolina, Tuesday, October 13th
Philadelphia home to Chicago, Wednesday, October 14th