It’s been about a month since we’ve seen a Penguins and Capitals matchup but the game we will see tonight is one the NHL has been waiting for. Sidney Crosby is now healthy and playing hard trying to defend his crown as the best player in the league and Alex Ovechkin has started lighting the lamp again.
- The Capitals are 6-2 SU in their last 8 games after losing the previous game in a matchup.
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of the Capitals’ last 7 games with no days off between games.
- The OVER/UNDER is 15-5-3 in games where the home team is on the 2nd half of a back-to-back.
This has been the NHL’s favorite matchup for almost a decade now so it makes sense they would put this game on such an empty slate. This is a tough game to handicap so in all likelihood it will end up as close to a pick‘em.
The Pens have the significant edge in this series matchup over the last couple years – and we all know what happened in the second round of the playoffs last year – but the Capitals have the talent and depth to beat any team in the league on any given night. A reason to possibly tail the Caps tonight is that teams playing the second half of their back-to-back at home are 19-4 this season and Washington played last night against the Blue Jackets.
Keep in mind, though, the Penguins have dropped just two games since their captain returned to the lineup.
Pittsburgh Penguins vs Washington Capitals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Supporters of the Pittsburgh Penguins have seen them go 10-3-2 so far this season, while the Capitals are at 9-4-1. In totals betting, the Washington Capitals are 6-5-3, while the Penguins are 7-4-4. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Washington vs Pittsburgh injuries news.
According to new NHL Power Rankings here at Odds – Shark
, it’s the No. 16-ranked Washington Capitals and the No. 3-rated Pittsburgh Penguins in this matchup.
The game also pits Washington’s No. 20-ranked offense, averaging 2.53 goals per game, against a Penguins defense that ranks No. 13 at 2.6 goals allowed. The Capitals power play is averaging 11.9% while the Penguins defense kills off 82.14% of their penalties.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
In their last action, Pittsburgh was a 4-1 winner at home against the Maple Leafs. Bettors on Pittsburgh at -226 on the moneyline collected their winnings from that game, while the total score (5) sent UNDER bettors home happy as well.
In their last action, Washington was a 2-1 loser on the road against the Blue Jackets. Bettors on Columbus at +113 on the moneyline collected their winnings from that game, while the total score (3) sent UNDER bettors home happy as well.
- Pittsburgh is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games
- Pittsburgh is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Pittsburgh is 17-8 SU in its last 25 games on the road
- Pittsburgh is 7-3 ATS in its last 10 games when playing Washington
- Washington is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games
- Washington is 6-3 SU in its last 9 games
- Washington is 3-7 ATS in its last 10 games at home
- Washington is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Pittsburgh at New York, Friday, November 18th
Washington home to Detroit, Friday, November 18th