The Pittsburgh Penguins have been red-hot of late, and they’ll look to keep up their winning ways against the Tampa Bay Lightning in the Sunshine State tonight.
- The total has gone OVER in the Penguins’ last four games on the road.
- The total has gone OVER in three of the Lightning’ last four games at home.
- The Lightning are 1-4 SU in their last five games after a loss.
Pittsburgh has scored 24 goals in its last four, going 4-0-0 in that stretch. The Lightning are on the opposite end of the spectrum right now, as Tampa has allowed at least five goals during a 1-5-1 stretch.
Playing on Saturday hasn’t been an issue for the Pens this year. Pittsburgh is 5-1 SU in its past six Saturday affairs.
The OVER is cashing when the Kings and Sens collide. In the past seven meetings between the squads, the OVER is 5-2.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Sportsbooks such as Bovada had the Tampa Bay Lightning as 118 moneyline underdogs in this particular NHL betting matchup earlier. The over under total, meanwhile, was set early at 5.5 before betting started to move the line at Bet365.
Prediction-scoring formulas run on this game pick a potential 4.7-1.1 result in favor of the Penguins. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Pittsburgh Penguins vs Tampa Bay Lightning Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
14-12-2 Tampa Bay battles the Penguins, currently with a 17-7-3 mark. The OVER/UNDER records, important for totals bettors, are 12-12-4 for the Lightning and 17-6-4 for the Penguins. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Tampa Bay vs Pittsburgh injuries news.
It’s an NHL hockey betting matchup between the No. 13-rated Tampa Bay Lightning and the No. 6-ranked Pittsburgh Penguins, according to the latest NHL power poll here at Odds – Shark
The game also pits Tampa Bay’s No. 9-ranked offense, averaging 2.79 goals per game, against a Penguins defense that ranks No. 26 at 3 goals allowed. The Lightning power play is averaging 21.78% while the Penguins defense kills off 76.04% of their penalties.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Last time out for Pittsburgh, they were a 5-1 winner as they battled the Panthers on the road. Moneyline bettors who got the Penguins at -134 were rewarded, while the 6 combined goals moved the game OVER for totals bettors.
Tampa Bay lost its last outing, a 5-1 result against the Canucks on December 08. Bettors who backed the Canucks at +199 on the moneyline won on the day, and the total score (6) sent OVER bettors to the payout window.
- Pittsburgh is 4-1 ATS in its last 5 games
- Pittsburgh is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 5 games
- Pittsburgh is 2-5 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- Tampa Bay is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
- Tampa Bay is 7-2 ATS in its last 9 games when playing Pittsburgh
- Tampa Bay is 7-15 SU in its last 22 games when playing Pittsburgh
- The total has gone OVER in 18 of Tampa Bay’s last 22 games when playing Pittsburgh
Next Betting Matchups
Pittsburgh home to Arizona, Monday, December 12th
Tampa Bay at Calgary, Wednesday, December 14th