The Pittsburgh Penguins can close out the Stanley Cup Finals with a victory over the San Jose Sharks Sunday, but picking up wins in the SAP Center has not been particularly easy for the Pens. The Penguins are just 2-11 in their past 13 games in San Jose, which includes going 1-1 in this series so far.
– Shark bites
- The road team is 6-15 in the past 21 meetings between the Penguins and Sharks.
- Sidney Crosby has no goals and just two assists in his past six games.
- The UNDER is 4-1 through the first five games of this series.
If Pittsburgh wants to stave off Game 7, then they will need to figure out a way to solve Martin Jones. The Penguins have outshot the Sharks 179-119 through the first five games of the series, but have just one more goal than their opponents. That is thanks to the stellar play of Jones, who has a .933 save percentage and a 2.40 goals against average in the series despite facing an average of 35 shots per game.
Though he has been somewhat inconsistent throughout the playoffs, Logan Couture seems to be the key to the Sharks’ victories. Couture has scored in eight games this postseason, with the Sharks going a near perfect 7-1 in those outings – which includes a win in Game 5 of this series.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The visiting Pittsburgh Penguins opened as 180 moneyline underdogs in this one at most online sportsbooks tracked at Odds – Shark , including BetOnline. The total opened at 5.5 for those preferring over under betting, watch for the line updates during the day at Bodog.
Odds – Shark computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 2.8-2.3 victory for the Penguins. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Pittsburgh Penguins vs San Jose Sharks Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Pittsburgh Penguins will look to vanquish their hosts on Sunday, as they are 63-31-11 this season, while the Sharks are 60-35-10. Pittsburgh is 46-41-18 against the total, while San Jose is 52-42-11 versus the number. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Jose vs Pittsburgh injuries news.
This game puts the San Jose Sharks, most recently No. 2 in the Odds – Shark NHL Power Rankings, up against the Pittsburgh Penguins, who rate a No. 1 in the latest survey.
The game also pits San Jose’s No. 3-ranked offense, averaging 3 goals per game, against a Penguins defense that ranks No. 5 at 2.45 goals allowed. The Sharks power play is averaging 23.19% while the Penguins defense kills off 84.38% of their penalties.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Pittsburgh is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Pittsburgh’s last 6 games
- Pittsburgh is 14-5 SU in its last 19 games on the road
- Pittsburgh is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing San Jose
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of San Jose’s last 5 games
- San Jose is 8-2 SU in its last 10 games at home
- San Jose is 17-8 SU in its last 25 games when playing Pittsburgh
- San Jose is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing Pittsburgh
Next Betting Matchups
Pittsburgh home to San Jose, Wednesday, June 15th
Tagged with: feature