The Washington Nationals have pretty much steamrolled the Philadelphia Phillies – which is not much of a surprise. The Nats have won the past nine games against the Phillies with a combined score of 47-19. The Nationals and Phillies kick off a three-game set Thursday at Nationals Park.
- Bryce Harper has a .308 batting average with 3 home runs against the Phillies this season.
- The Nationals are 6-0 in their past 6 games against teams with losing records.
- The UNDER is 3-0 in the past 3 games between the Nationals and Phillies.
A.J. Cole will make his fourth start of the season for the Nationals and will do so coming off the best outing of his young career. Cole went 6.0 innings while allowing just three hits and one run against the New York Mets this past Friday.
Alec Asher will be making his first start for the Phillies since completing an 80-game suspension for PED usage. Asher wasn’t exactly lighting the world on fire for the Phillies last season before popping, as he was 0-6 with a 9.31 ERA in seven starts.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Betting fans looking to pick the visiting Philadelphia Phillies before the first pitch in this match found them as 180 moneyline underdogs earlier today at Bodog. They saw the over/under total of 8.5 earlier at TopBet.
Odds – Shark
prediction models pick the Nationals to win this game 5.6-3.0. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Philadelphia Phillies vs Washington Nationals Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
82-57 Washington battles the Phillies, currently with a 62-77 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Washington vs Philadelphia injuries news.
The Washington Nationals sit at No. 16 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Philadelphia Phillies sit at No. 29 on the same chart.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Philadelphia Phillies rank No. 29 at 7.93 hits per game. That compares with the Washington Nationals No. 16 ranking in that category.
Washington owns the No. 2 defense, allowing 4.79 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Philadelphia’s No. 24-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Phillies were shut out in their last start, struggling to get much going against the Miami staff and losing 6-0 to the Marlins on Wednesday at Marlins Park.
The Nationals beat Atlanta in extra innings, earning a 5-4 victory at Nationals Park in MLB wagering action.
- Philadelphia is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- Philadelphia is 2-7 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Philadelphia’s last 10 games
- Philadelphia is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games when playing Washington
- Washington is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Washington’s last 10 games
- Washington is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games at home
- The total has gone OVER in 5 of Washington’s last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Philadelphia at Washington, Friday, September 9th