Ending their four-game losing streak in a matchup against Kyle Hendricks and the Cubs yesterday was no easy feat for the Pirates but earning a consecutive win against the defending World Series Champs this afternoon won’t be any easier with Chicago sending their ringer Jake Arrieta to the mound to face youngster Tyler Glasnow.
– Shark BITES
- The Pirates are 1-8 SU in their last 9 games as a moneyline underdog of +230 or more.
- The Cubs are 8-1 SU and on the runline in their last 9 games as a moneyline fave of -250 or more.
- The Pirates are 1-6 SU in their last 7 games on the road against the Cubs.
Arrieta has won both his starts so far this season, allowing just three earned runs in 13 innings pitched but beware, the 31-year-old righty was dinged up by the Bucs last season to the tune of a 4.93 ERA. The good news, however, for Cubs’ bettors is that the entirety of the Pirates’ roster has just 11 extra base hits off Arrieta in 217 total at-bats against him and the pitcher Chicago’s batting order will be facing Saturday was blown up in first start of 2017.
Getting the early yank in his season debut for Pittsburgh, Glasnow allowed five runs in just 1.2 innings pitched against in a 7-1 loss to the Reds. As one of the best pitching prospects in baseball, the 23-year-old will expect a much better result today but having never faced this Cubs’ lineup, he could be in some serious trouble.
Pittsburgh Pirates vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Chicago (6-4) will face the 4-6 Pirates in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs Pittsburgh injuries news.
This game puts the Chicago Cubs, most recently No. 2 in Odds – Shark MLB Power Rankings, up against the Pittsburgh Pirates, who rate a No. 30 in the latest survey.
The game also pits Chicago Cubs No. 21-rated offense, averaging 3.9 runs per game, against a Pittsburgh Pirates defense that ranks No. 24 at 4.9 in runs allowed per game. The Chicago Cubs have averaged 8.3 hits per game so far, more than Pittsburgh Pirates batters have averaged on the year (7.9 hits per game).
Comparing defensive stats, Pittsburgh owns the No. 9-rated road mark, allowing 3.5 runs per game on the highway. Chicago, on the other hand, rates No. 29 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Pittsburgh is 5-16 ATS in its last 21 games
- Pittsburgh is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Pittsburgh’s last 5 games
- Pittsburgh is 1-7 SU in its last 8 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 5-10 ATS in its last 15 games
- Chi Cubs is 9-4 SU in its last 13 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Chi Cubs’s last 5 games
- Chi Cubs is 1-6 ATS in its last 7 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Pittsburgh at Chicago, Sunday, April 16th