Entering Friday night’s game against the visiting Pirates, Cubs starter Jon Lester is 2-0 against the team this season with a 1.13 ERA and 16 K’s. The Cubs have been hot lately, going 7-2 SU in their last nine games, but are 4-4 in Lester’s last eight starts.
- The total has gone UNDER in four of Pittsburgh’s last six games.
- The Cubs are 4-2 SU in their last six games at home against the Pirates.
- The Cubs are 3.5 games behind the Pirates for the first NL Wild Card spot.
Gerrit Cole will be tasked with trying to cool down the Cubs. His team has responded well recently when he’s been on the mound, winning five of his last six starts. The Pirates have been strong on the road recently, going 5-0 SU in their last five road games.
In 10 career AB’s against Lester, Pirates OF Andrew McCutchen has measly .100 batting average.
Pittsburgh Pirates vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Chicago (89-63) will face the 93-60 Pirates in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs Pittsburgh injuries news.
The Chicago Cubs vs Pittsburgh Pirates odds would favor the Cubs if the betting lines were set according to our power ranks. Chicago is rated No. 2 in the current Odds – VSB
poll, while Pittsburgh is at No. 6.
Scoring stats point to some edges in this matchup. The game features the Chicago Cubs No. 15-ranked scoring average of 4.3 runs per game, against a Pittsburgh Pirates offense rated No. 10 and scoring 4.38 runs per game. The Cubs have averaged 8.27 hits per game to date this season, less than the Pirates hitters have managed (9.17 per nine innings).
Comparing defensive stats, Pittsburgh owns the No. 5-rated road mark, allowing 3.96 runs per game on the highway. Chicago, on the other hand, rates No. 20 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Pittsburgh got the job done in their last match in a 5-4 victory over Colorado on Thursday at Coors Field behind starter J Locke.
The Cubs were saddled with a loss last time out in K Hendricks’s start, as they lost 4-1 against Milwaukee on Wednesday at Wrigley Field.
- Pittsburgh is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 16 of Pittsburgh’s last 24 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Pittsburgh’s last 6 games
- Pittsburgh is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games
- Chi Cubs is 7-2 SU in its last 9 games at home
- Chi Cubs is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing Pittsburgh
- Chi Cubs is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Pittsburgh
Next Betting Matchups
Pittsburgh at Chicago, Saturday, September 26th