The Chicago Cubs’ Jake Arrieta will continue his NL Cy Young push on Sunday Night Baseball as his team takes on the Pittsburgh Pirates in a battle of the circuit’s potential Wild Card teams.
The Cubs have won 11 straight games that Arrieta has started, he has an 0.55 ERA this month, and he has dominated the Pirates this season allowing just four runs in 29 innings of work.
- The Pirates are 5-0 in their last five road games.
- The Cubs are 7-2 in their last nine home games.
- Arrieta has only allowed one home run to a Pirates hitter in his career.
Although he hasn’t been as good as Arrieta, Pirates Sunday night starter A.J. Burnett has been strong against the Cubs this season. Burnett has a 1.47 ERA with 15 strikeouts in three starts against the Cubs in 2015.
Odds – VSB
computer prediction formulas pick a 5.2-4.7 win for the Pirates on Sunday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Pittsburgh Pirates vs Chicago Cubs Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Chicago Cubs sport a record of 89-65 heading into this matchup, while the Pittsburgh Pirates sit at 95-60 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Chicago vs Pittsburgh injuries news.
The MLB Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Chicago Cubs rated this week at No. 2 and the Pittsburgh Pirates sitting at No. 6.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Chicago Cubs and its No. 17-rated batting order, averaging 4.25 runs per nine innings, against the No. 10 line up of the Pittsburgh Pirates at 4.37 runs per outing.
Chicago owns the No. 7 defense, allowing 4.25 men per game to cross the plate. That contrasts with Pittsburgh’s No. 2-rated defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
F Liriano chucked 7.2 shutout innings at the Cubs in their last game, striking out 9 in a 4-0 win against Chicago in baseball action at Wrigley Field.
- Pittsburgh is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Pittsburgh’s last 5 games
- Pittsburgh is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Pittsburgh’s last 5 games on the road
- Chi Cubs is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Chi Cubs’s last 6 games
- Chi Cubs is 13-6 SU in its last 19 games at home
- Chi Cubs is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Pittsburgh home to St. Louis, Monday, September 28th
Chicago home to Kansas City, Monday, September 28th