The Pittsburgh Pirates have been rather underwhelming this season with their play on the road specifically causing them issues all season. However, those struggles on the road have been amplified recently, as the Bucs have gone just 3-8 SU and against the runline in their past 11 road games. The Pirates continue their weekend series with the Dodgers in LA Saturday.
- Gerrit Cole is 2-0 with a 4.05 ERA in two career starts at Dodger Stadium.
- The Dodgers are 1-6 in their past seven games against the Pirates.
- The UNDER is 9-2 in the Pirates’ last 11 road games.
Gerrit Cole has been one of the most consistent pitchers in baseball this season, as he has allowed two or fewer runs in 11 of his 17 starts. Cole has been especially good at keeping the ball in the yard, as he has only given up three home runs all season.
Brandon McCarthy will rejoin the Dodgers’ rotation after spending a week in the bullpen trying to solve some mechanical issues. McCarthy has a 5.91 ERA with 12 walks in his past three starts.
Pittsburgh Pirates vs Los Angeles Dodgers Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
64-51 Los Angeles battles the Pirates, currently with a 58-55 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Los Angeles vs Pittsburgh injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 8 (Los Angeles Dodgers) and the No. 23 (Pittsburgh Pirates) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
When it comes to getting on base, the visiting Pittsburgh Pirates rank No. 15 at 8.74 hits per game. That compares with the Los Angeles Dodgers No. 21 ranking in that category.
Pittsburgh brings the No. 17-rated defense to this matchup, facing the Dodgers’s No. 4-ranked defense.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Pittsburgh got the job done in their last match in a 5-1 victory over Los Angeles on Friday at Dodger Stadium behind starter I Nova.
- Pittsburgh is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- Pittsburgh is 5-2 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Pittsburgh’s last 8 games
- Pittsburgh is 3-8 ATS in its last 11 games on the road
- LA Dodgers is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- LA Dodgers is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of LA Dodgers’s last 5 games
- LA Dodgers is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Pittsburgh at Los Angeles, Sunday, August 14th