A familiar face will take the mound for the Pittsburgh Pirates in Monday’s clash with the San Francisco Giants, as two-time World Series champion Ryan Vogelsong returns to AT&T Park.
- The Pirates are 0-3 SU and ATS in their last three games against the Giants.
- The total has gone OVER in four of the Pirates’ last five games against teams with winning records.
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of the Giants’ last 17 games.
Matt Moore will counter for the Giants. Moore (7-8, 3.99 ERA) is seeking his first win with the Giants after allowing a total of four runs in two starts covering 12 innings since being traded from Tampa Bay for infielder Matt Duffy. The 27-year-old has struggled with his command in his career, and he’s allowed 11 walks in his first two outings while donning the orange and black.
San Fran has had no issues bouncing back of late. The Giants are 5-0 in their last five games coming off a loss.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
San Francisco was a -145 moneyline favorites earlier in the day at BetOnline, based on the starting pitcher matchup. That pairing made odds makers at 5Dimes pick an opening over under number of 8.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 4.7-4.6 win for the Pirates. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Pittsburgh Pirates vs San Francisco Giants Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
San Francisco (66-51) will face the 59-56 Pirates in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and San Francisco vs Pittsburgh injuries news.
It’s a MLB baseball betting matchup between the No. 16-rated San Francisco Giants and the league No. 12-ranked Pittsburgh Pirates, according to the latest MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
At the plate, San Francisco owns the No. 12 ranking for hits at 8.86 per game. By contrast, the Pittsburgh Pirates are rated No. 14 in the same category at 8.82 per game.
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and San Francisco has the No. 5-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Pirates own the No. 18 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Pittsburgh rolled to a 11-3 win against Los Angeles on Sunday, as Chad Kuhl and the Pirates’ bats led the team to victory at Dodger Stadium.
San Francisco didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 8-7 to Baltimore on Sunday at AT&T Park.
- Pittsburgh is 4-2 ATS in its last 6 games
- Pittsburgh is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games
- Pittsburgh is 4-9 ATS in its last 13 games on the road
- Pittsburgh is 4-9 SU in its last 13 games on the road
- San Francisco is 7-18 ATS in its last 25 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 12 of San Francisco’s last 17 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of San Francisco’s last 8 games at home
- San Francisco is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Pittsburgh
Next Betting Matchups
Pittsburgh at San Francisco, Tuesday, August 16th