The Pirates head to the West Coast to take on the Mariners in a two game interleague series tonight and will send rookie sensation Jameson Taillon (1-1, 4.50 ERA) to the bump, after two less than stellar starts, to face Wade Miley (6-3, 5.28 ERA).
- The favored team is 5-1 in its last 6 games in this matchup.
- The Pirates are 1-5 in their last 6 games against the AL.
- The total has gone OVER in 9 of the Mariners’ last 11 games against teams with losing records.
Taillon’s last two starts have been eerily similar. In both games he has given up exactly eight hits, one walk and four runs and lasted just four innings. He will look to get back to the form he showed in his second start vs the Mets in which he gave up just two hits and no runs in eight innings.
Miley, par for the course for his career, has not been awesome this year. In his 13 games in 2016, the lefty has registered only four quality starts. His win/loss record has been inflated this year by the inordinate amount of run-support he is receiving from a potent Mariners offense that is ranked eighth in runs.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
On the MLB moneyline for this betting odds matchup, Seattle sat as -132 favorites earlier in the day at Bodog. The over/under total was set at 8, according to MyBookie.
Handicapping models based on recent betting stats and prediction formulas pick a 4.5-3.9 win for the Mariners. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Pittsburgh Pirates vs Seattle Mariners Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
Seattle (39-38) will face the 37-41 Pirates in this tilt. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Seattle vs Pittsburgh injuries news.
The Seattle Mariners sit at No. 21 in the current MLB power poll here at Odds – Shark
, while the Pittsburgh Pirates sit at No. 29 on the same chart.
The game also pits Seattle Mariners No. 8-rated offense, averaging 4.87 runs per game, against a Pittsburgh Pirates defense that ranks No. 23 at 4.83 in runs allowed per game. The Seattle Mariners have averaged 9.04 hits per game so far, less than Pittsburgh Pirates batters have averaged on the year (9.13 hits per game).
Pitching and defensive stats are important baseball handicapping betting factors and Seattle has the No. 11-ranked defense. In the other dugout, the Pirates own the No. 23 mark in runs allowed.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Pittsburgh didn’t get the job done in their last match, falling 5-2 to Seattle on Tuesday at Safeco Field.
- Pittsburgh is 6-13 ATS in its last 19 games
- Pittsburgh is 5-15 SU in its last 20 games
- Pittsburgh is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games on the road
- Pittsburgh is 0-5 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- Seattle is 3-7 SU in its last 10 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 5 of Seattle’s last 7 games
- Seattle is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 7 of Seattle’s last 8 games when playing Pittsburgh
Next Betting Matchups
Pittsburgh at Oakland, Friday, July 1st
Seattle home to Baltimore, Thursday, June 30th