The New York Mets have been having all sorts of offensive issues as of late, and those problems reached a new low on Tuesday when Pittsburgh Pirates’ rookie Jameson Taillon took a no-hitter into the seventh inning in his second career start. The NL clubs will square off once again on Wednesday in the Big Apple.
– Shark Bites
- The Mets are 5-2 SU in their last seven games after consecutive losses.
- The Pirates are 4-1 SU in their last five games with Jeff Locke as the starting pitcher.
- The total has gone UNDER in four of the Mets’ last five games at home.
New York has dropped 10 of its last 16 games and is scoring an average of 2.7 runs in that span. Noah Syndergaard (6-2, 2.00 ERA) is searching for his first career win against Pittsburgh, but is 2-1 with a 1.96 ERA at home on the season.
Jeff Locke (5-4, 5.38) threw a three-hit shutout at Miami on May 30 and followed it up with with seven stellar outings in a win over the L.A. Angels on June 4.
The Bucs have absolutely dominated the Mets in recent meetings, claiming 10 of their last 11 matchups with the Metropolitans.
Odds – Shark prediction models pick the Mets to win this game 5.3-3.0. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Pittsburgh Pirates vs New York Mets Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The New York Mets sport a record of 34-29 heading into this matchup, while the Pittsburgh Pirates sit at 33-31 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and New York vs Pittsburgh injuries news.
The Odds – Shark MLB Power Rankings have the New York Mets at No. 18 and the Pittsburgh Pirates at No. 17 heading into this contest.
At the plate, New York owns the No. 29 ranking for hits at 7.68 per game. By contrast, the Pittsburgh Pirates are rated No. 2 in the same category at 9.47 per game.
Defensively, Pittsburgh features the No. 23-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.71 runs per game. New York, meanwhile, comes in at No. 28 at home, scoring 3.25 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Jameson Taillon silenced the Mets bats in a 4-0 victory last time out versus New York at Citi Field.
- Pittsburgh is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Pittsburgh is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone OVER in 4 of Pittsburgh’s last 6 games
- Pittsburgh is 1-4 SU in its last 5 games on the road
- NY Mets is 2-6 ATS in its last 8 games
- NY Mets is 3-6 SU in its last 9 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of NY Mets’s last 9 games
- NY Mets is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Pittsburgh at New York, Thursday, June 16th
Tagged with: feature