After handing the Nashville Predators their first home loss of the playoffs, the Anaheim Ducks will look to accomplish the feat once again when Game 5 gets underway at the Honda Center on Saturday. Sportsbooks opened the Ducks as -126 home chalk with a total of 5.
– Shark Bites
- The visiting team is 2-5 SU in its last seven games in this matchup.
- The Ducks are 8-2 SU in their last 10 games at home after winning their most recent home game.
- The total has gone UNDER in nine of the Predators’ last 10 games after a loss.
However, the big story for the Predators was the loss of No. 1 center Ryan Johansen. Johansen underwent emergency surgery on his left thigh following Thursday night’s game and will require two to three months to recover. The star has not missed a game since his acquisition from Columbus in the middle of the 2015-16 season and was enjoying a fantastic playoffs with 13 points in 14 games. He was a plus-4 in the series vs Anaheim.
The Preds also could be without captain and center Mike Fisher, who suffered an injury in Game 4. Fisher is listed as questionable for the tilt.
The Ducks blew a two-goal lead in the final 6 1/2 minutes of the third period but avoided a potentially heartbreaking setback thanks to Corey Perry who notched his third overtime goal of the postseason off a fluke deflection.
OVER bettors are profiting when these teams collide in California, evidenced by the OVER going 3-1 in the last four matchups between the squads at Honda Center.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
If you’re backing the visiting Nashville Predators in this one, they Predators listed earlier today as underdogs of 100 at most sportsbooks, including Bovada. Those over/under total betting saw the number open in the area of 5.5, depending on the book.
Odds – Shark score prediction models pick a 3.2-2.5 result in favor of the Predators today. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming NHL matchups here.
Nashville Predators vs Anaheim Ducks Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Ducks sit at 56-27-14 on the season; in comparison, the Nashville Predators are currently 51-32-13. Looking to wager on the totals? Anaheim is 35-40-22 OU, and Nashville is 43-41-12 OU. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Anaheim vs Nashville injuries news.
The NHL Power Rankings show a disparity between these teams, with the Anaheim Ducks rated this week at No. 9 and the Nashville Predators sitting at No. 22.
The game also pits Anaheim’s No. 14-ranked offense, averaging 2.77 goals per game, against a Predators defense that ranks No. 11 at 2.59 goals allowed. The Ducks power play is averaging 17.94% while the Predators defense kills off 81.75% of their penalties.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Nashville is 11-5 ATS in its last 16 games
- Nashville is 10-4 SU in its last 14 games
- Nashville is 8-1 ATS in its last 9 games on the road
- Nashville is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games when playing on the road against Anaheim
- Anaheim is 14-5 SU in its last 19 games
- Anaheim is 1-8 ATS in its last 9 games at home
- Anaheim is 11-3 SU in its last 14 games at home
- Anaheim is 4-2 SU in its last 6 games when playing at home against Nashville
Next Betting Matchups
Nashville home to Anaheim, Monday, May 22nd