An AL West matchup begins Tuesday when the Rangers head to LA to take on the division-leading Angels. Although their pitching has left a lot to be desired in the early going of the season, LA is coming off a 10-run performance and that should be their M.O. all year long. The same can be said for the Rangers, and this evening’s pitching matchup between Cole Hamels and Tyler Skaggs is definitely a volatile one. Just a heads-up, tonight’s total is 8.
– Shark BITES
- Tyler Skaggs gave up 5 runs in 5.1 innings of work in his 1st start this season.
- The total has gone UNDER in the Rangers’ last 4 games against the Angels.
- The Rangers are 2-5 SU and 1-6 ATS in their last 7 games on the road against the Angels.
The light at the end of the tunnel is getting brighter and brighter after every start for Cole Hamels. The 33-year-old was roughed up for four runs in his first start this season but something he has going for him is his traditional success on the road. He posted a 10-3 record along with a 2.40 ERA in 17 starts away from Arlington in 2016 and he’ll be making his first road start of 2017 Tuesday.
Hamels has also been pretty successful against most of the Angels’ big sluggers, limiting Mike Trout to two hits in 10 at-bats and Albert Pujols to just six hits in 35 at-bats.
Skaggs, on the other hand, is in serious trouble. He posted a 4.17 ERA in 2016 and despite pitching six scoreless innings against the Rangers last season, he’s prone to blow-ups. Against the eight opponents he pitched against last year, he had an ERA over 5.40 vs four of them.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
On the MLB moneyline for this betting odds matchup, Los Angeles sat as -105 earlier in the day at Bovada. The over/under total was set at 8, according to MyBookie.
Odds – Shark computer prediction handicapping models run on this game pick a 5.8-1.8 victory for the Angels. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Texas Rangers vs Los Angeles Angels Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Los Angeles Angels bring a 5-2 record to the battle against the 2-4 Rangers. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Los Angeles vs Texas injuries news.
According to MLB Power Rankings here, it’s the No. 3-ranked Los Angeles Angels and the No. 19-rated Texas Rangers in this matchup.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
- Texas is 2-9 SU in its last 11 games
- Texas is 5-2 ATS in its last 7 games on the road
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Texas’s last 8 games on the road
- Texas is 1-8 ATS in its last 9 games when playing LA Angels
- LA Angels is 16-6 ATS in its last 22 games
- LA Angels is 5-1 SU in its last 6 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 15 of LA Angels’s last 23 games
- LA Angels is 9-2 ATS in its last 11 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Texas at Los Angeles, Wednesday, April 12th