The Texas Rangers have dominated the Houston Astros this season, and they’ll have an opportunity to put another W in the win column on Tuesday.
- The total has gone UNDER in six of the Astros’ last seven games at home.
- The Rangers are 12-5 SU in their last 17 games after winning as an underdog.
- The Astros are 1-6 SU in their last seven games at home with Brad Peacock as the starting pitcher.
A.J. Griffin and Brad Peacock will get the nod for the Rangers and Astros, respectively. Griffin (7-4, 4.92 ERA) is 5-0 with a 4.54 ERA in six career starts against the ‘Stros. He’s struggled with the long ball lately, giving up 14 blasts over his last seven outings after allowing 10 in his first 13 starts.
Peacock (0-0, 3.38) is 1-3 with a 3.76 ERA in five career appearances against the Rangers and has particularly struggled against Adrian Beltre, as the slugger is 4-for-10 with two homers against Peacock in his career.
The Rangers, who opened as +107 underdogs, are 11-1 SU and ATS in their last 12 games when tabbed as pups against the Astros.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
Baseball betting odds makers, including BetOnline, opened the Houston Astros as -125 moneyline favorites in this matchup. Over under total bettors saw the number open at 9.5 at shops such as Bovada.
Odds – Shark
computer score prediction models pick a possible 4.3-3.6 win for the Rangers on Tuesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Texas Rangers vs Houston Astros Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
75-69 Houston battles the Rangers, currently with a 86-59 mark. Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Houston vs Texas injuries news.
This game matches up the No. 20 (Houston Astros) and the No. 13 (Texas Rangers) teams, according to our current MLB Power Rankings.
On offense, it’s a battle between the Houston Astros and its No. 13-rated batting order, averaging 4.56 runs per nine innings, against the No. 7 line up of the Texas Rangers at 4.83 runs per outing.
Defensively, Texas features the No. 13-rated defense on the road, allowing 4.59 runs per game. Houston, meanwhile, comes in at No. 24 at home, scoring 4.1 runs per game.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
Texas won a close affair on Monday in their last outing, defeating Houston 4-3 in extra innings at Minute Maid Park.
- Texas is 2-4 ATS in its last 6 games
- Texas is 11-5 SU in its last 16 games
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Texas’s last 14 games
- Texas is 3-9 ATS in its last 12 games on the road
- Houston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games
- Houston is 1-5 SU in its last 6 games
- Houston is 1-4 ATS in its last 5 games at home
- The total has gone UNDER in 6 of Houston’s last 7 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Texas at Houston, Wednesday, September 14th