The Texas Rangers have won the first two games of their three-game set with the Houston Astros, but only barely. The Rangers won each of those games by just one run, with the series opener making it to the 12th inning. The in-state rivals take to the diamond for their last matchup this season on Wednesday.
- 14 of the 17 matchups between the Astros and Rangers this season have been decided by two runs or less.
- The Rangers are 4-0 SU and ATS in their past 4 games at Houston.
- The OVER is 7-2 in the Rangers’ past 9 games as favorites.
The Rangers made an interesting choice by sending Derek Holland to the mound instead of scheduled Yu Darvish. There is logic to the madness, as Holland is 2-0 with a 3.27 ERA in two starts against the ’Stros this season.
Joe Musgrove has been absolutely stellar in his young career when he takes the bump at home. Musgrove has a 1.19 ERA in four appearances at Minute Maid Park compared to an 8.71 ERA on the road.
Opening Odds & Computer Pick
The Houston Astros were listed as 110 moneyline underdogs earlier in the day at BetOnline, while odds makers set the opening total line around 8 earlier at Bovada.
Odds – Shark
computer score prediction models pick a possible 4.0-2.6 win for the Rangers on Wednesday. View the computer score prediction and who will win the pick on the moneyline for all upcoming MLB matchups here.
Texas Rangers vs Houston Astros Matchup
Team Betting Records & Power Rankings
The Houston Astros sport a record of 75-70 heading into this matchup, while the Texas Rangers sit at 87-59 on the season Stay Informed: follow us on Twitter for odds specials, betting line moves and Houston vs Texas injuries news.
The Houston Astros vs Texas Rangers odds would favor the Rangers if the betting lines were set according to our power ranks. Houston is rated No. 20 in the current Odds – Shark
poll, while Texas is at No. 13.
At the plate, Houston owns the No. 24 ranking for hits at 8.41 per game. By contrast, the Texas Rangers are rated No. 7 in the same category at 8.99 per game.
Comparing defensive stats, Texas owns the No. 13-rated road mark, allowing 4.56 runs per game on the highway. Houston, on the other hand, rates No. 24 in scoring at home.
Recent Outings Betting Recap
The Rangers grabbed a win last time out, defeating B Peacock and the Astros 3-2 on Tuesday at Minute Maid Park.
- Texas is 4-1 SU in its last 5 games
- The total has gone OVER in 11 of Texas’s last 15 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Texas’s last 5 games
- Texas is 4-9 ATS in its last 13 games on the road
- Houston is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games
- Houston is 1-6 SU in its last 7 games
- The total has gone UNDER in 4 of Houston’s last 5 games
- Houston is 1-5 ATS in its last 6 games at home
Next Betting Matchups
Texas home to Oakland, Friday, September 16th
Houston at Seattle, Friday, September 16th